“If you want the best baked beans, go here”

Bubba's Bar-B-Que Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 159 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I discovered Bubbas in 1997 when my friends and I took a road trip across the US. Been going back whenever I visit JH. The BBQ is good, but the beans are better. You could order a bowl of beans and call it dinner. But I recommend the beans and franks. Just excellent, savory food at a good price.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We liked the restaurant a lot. I'm very BBQ knowledgeable and I wasn't disappointed. Good variety, nice smoky flavor, and very fair prices with good portions. I'd go back anytime.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed lunch at Bubbas. The St Louis ribs were tasty and the size of the order was just right. The BBQ beans were tasty and the macaroni and cheese side was good but only luke warm. The order also included a Texas toast slice.

1  Thank ChuckR3
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Came here with my family mostly because we didn't want to drive anywhere for breakfast and it was walking distance from my hotel.

That being said, it was a pleasant surprise. The menu had a nice array of food, the staff friendly and the atmosphere was fun and inviting.

I had Felipe's Special Skillet which had smoked pork with eggs, hash browns, salsa and tomatoes and wow. I never would have thought to use smoked pork instead of bacon and the flavors were great and the portion size was large enough to feed 2 (almost 2, I'm a glutton). The biscuits and gravy are tasty and the portion size to that was huge (we ordered the half size and it still covered the entire plate with only 1 biscuit).

I would like to try their lunch and dinner menus one day, definitely would return for breakfast.

1  Thank VatoNurse
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We actually drove by a day earlier but passed due it being a BBQ place. Today we were looking for a salad bar and up pops Bubba's on Trip Advisor so we decided to give it a try.
My wife loved the salad bar. Lots of choices and everything was crisp and fresh. I decided to try the pulled pork with the salad bar. I eat a lot but this was almost too much. My wife sampled some of my pork as well and declared it great. I also had the great BBQ beans and potato salad. Our waitress was great. My wife wanted me to order fries instead of the potato salad but when I did not the waitress brought her a small bowl of fries to sample. Yes we did leave a nice tip, LOL. We were both very happy with our meals and wish we had stopped the first time. By the way I did like the Bubba BBQ sauce.

2  Thank wacotom