“Great burger and fries”

MacPhail's Burgers
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Established in 2011. MacPhail's...a family restaurant that serves the best burgers, fries and milk shakes (and a good, cold, locally-brewed beer) anywhere! Awarded America's 10 Most Delectable Burger Joints (TripAdvisor July 2015). Premium Angus beef(USDA Certified) fresh ground daily. Optimal burger bun custom baked to hold a juicy burger. Fries (Idaho's best & real sweet potatoes) fresh cut daily. We offer a clean, friendly environment that we hope makes you feel right at home. Visit after visit, the food is consistently delicious and the service impeccable. MacPhail's is a place we hope you'll want to tell all your friends about. Dine-In or Call For To-Go Orders 307-733-8744. Located at 399 West Broadway. Owner & operated.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We were highly encouraged to stop by here and did not leave disappointed. Both the burgers and fries were awesome! Fries were hand cut and the burgers were so big that we couldn't finish. Will be by here next time we are in town

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thomas F,
Your kind words warm out hearts (my wife and I) - Thank you!!

We'll look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure about the best burgers in the world, but the chicken and real sweet potato fries were great! The kids enjoyed sharing the 4 mini scoops of ice cream too. All employees definitely had the lingo and story down and I thought it was a nice touch to have the history of the place and owners. The owner was busy with a large group when we were there but seemed nice and helpful.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

AndreaWM,
Thank you for your kind words - I'm sorry that one of us (my wife or I) didn't get a chance to come over and speak with you. Our favorite thing to do is meet and talk with our guests - sometimes that's not possible because of the busyness. We truly feel like you are coming into our personal home and ideally would like to meet all our guests.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our Chicken sandwich is Fresh chicken (not frozen), marinated for 24 to 48 hours to keep it nice and juicy, served on a wheat ciabatta bun with a thin layer of mayonnaise for added flavor served with Fresh cut fries (Idaho's best potatoes and real sweet potatoes, not yams).

Regarding your comment - "I'm not sure about the best burgers in the world" - for the record, we, nor anyone that works with us - have not - nor would ever - make an arrogant statement like that. We are very proud of our - Fresh ground certified Angus beef (grass fed, no hormones, no antibiotics) served on a Fresh baked buns (daily and locally - designed to hold a juicy burger). And we have received a few very nice accolades over the six years that we have been open - Top 10 Burger Joint in US (via TripAdvisor-2015), Best Burger in WY (Spoon Univ-2016, Thrillist-2015). When asked, we will share that information - BUT we are NOT braggadocious. I'm sorry that that was put in your head from some source (other than us) and I understand how that can be off putting and raise expectations to an unachieved height.

Thank you for your feed back - please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

It was very busy when we arrived at about 7:00 pm - a good sign. The staff was friendly and apologetic that a table wasn't immediately available. We got seated in about 15 minutes. The food was amazing. My wife had the chicken sandwich and I had the smaller buffalo burger. The amount of fries that they provide is amazing. They can provide a mix of regular fries and sweet potato fries. It is a family owned/operated business who seem to really care about their customers. It is also MUCH easier to access if you have trouble walking than most other places in Jackson as it is not located directly downtown but an easy 3-5 minute drive from anywhere in Jackson.

James G,
Thank you for you very kind words - I especially liked - "It is a family owned/operated business who seem to really care about their customers." No truer words have been spoken about us because that's what makes it worthwhile and fun - Thank you!!

We loved serving and talking with you - please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Delicious angus burgers seasoned and cooked to our liking. Offered fries, sweet potato fries, or a combination of the two. Friendly, attentive wait staff. All around great dining experience. Indoor and beautiful outdoor seating available.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Jeannette D,
We (my wife and I) are so happy that you enjoyed the Angus burger - ground certified Angus beef (grass fed), Fresh baked buns (baked daily and locally - designed to hold a juicy burger) and Fresh cut fries (Idaho's best potatoes and real sweet potatoes, not yams).

Thank you so much for your very kind words - We loved serving and talking with you!!

Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

You will love the burgers especially the bison burger. Entertaining wait staff will explain everything and make sure you get exactly what you want. Freshest burgers and massive orders of homemade fries. put this on your must list for Jackson. Very limited hours so confirm the dates and times.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dale525,
We (my wife and I) are so happy that you enjoyed your Bison/Buffalo burger meal - 100% Bison (Not Beefalo - which is a crossbreed between a Bison and Heifer cow - a lot less expensive and not true 100% Bison). The meat is a little leaner, tastes a bit different and has a different texture than the Angus beef but it's delicious. It took us a full year to find the best Bison/buffalo that money can buy.

"Entertaining wait staff will explain everything and make sure you get exactly what you want." - Thank you - We take our food very seriously but we love to have fun - We are so glad that you enjoyed our very purposeful "burger joint" atmosphere.

Thank you for you kind words - we loved serving you.

Please come back and see us again.