Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews full kitchen bunk beds busy intersection grocery store across the street gas station jackson hole place to stay heated pool would definitely stay here again fridge and microwave in town teton village living room downtown jackson clint albertsons stove
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed in a condo style room. The sheets appeared clean and the beds were actually comfortable. That is the good news. Now for the bad news. The condition of the room was poor. Don't trust the pictures on the website, they must have been taken 30 years ago. There was a hole in the curtain over the sliding glass door that everyone walks in front of and a hole in the closet door. The end tables in the bedroom and the rocking chairs were all scratched up. The toilet had so much milage on it the paint was worn off the toilet seat. The flooring (carpet and linoleum) have seen better days. Rooms are not well lit. We had the opportunity to kill several bugs in the rooms (not bedbugs but other types like ants, etc.). There were old mattresses stored on the outdoor walkway next to our room. We booked the room less than 2 weeks before we arrived. Per their policy you cannot get a refund if you cancel your reservation less then 2 weeks from your stay. This is the only reason we stayed... felt kind of trapped without the ability to get a refund. I wanted to leave as soon as I saw the room! It could be a decent place if someone put some effort into it. At this point I will NEVER stay here again. There are many better hotels in the area.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MercsMiles
Reviewed 6 July 2020

In the past my family stayed at the pony express and had good experiences . I never write reviews usually but my family's experience needs to be documented. We booked our first night for a condo room and told the owner we would probably stay a second night and that we would come in to pay for the second night in the morning. The owner told us that would be fine. At 10:00 the following morning we tried the office door and it was locked and the lights were out. We called the office a dozen times and there was no answer and no way to leave a message. We decided to explore the Teton national forest and no cell reception was available most of the day. When we got back into town there was a call from the hotel that they had booked the room and they removed our stuff out of the room. When we entered the small lobby our stuff was not put into a secure location but was piled up in the middle of the office floor. My daughter's toiletries she left in the bathroom were haphazardly stuffed in any bag it would fit into including her toothbrush. I began to ask them why they were not in the office that morning and they lied and said the office was open. The new owners recently took over the hotel since March and they are a young couple with a new baby. A nice family who have no idea how to run a hotel. I asked them why they touched our stuff during covid and they began to tell us they called the city commissioner office and they said it was ok to remove it. I asked them why they didnt just charge us for another night when we didnt check out at 11:00. They said they just booked another family at 11:00. We then noticed my son's expensive head phones were broken. They were not careful with anything that was not in a bag. They touched toothbrushes and hairbrushes and snacks we had in the fridge. During covid!!! I felt violated and uncomfortable. I decided to give them a 1 star because they refunded our nights stay. The thing that irritated me the most is that they continued to be smug about the situation and claimed they did the right thing and that we were in the wrong. I will never stay here again because the situation ruined the first part of our vacation. Aside from our bad experience the beds are uncomfortable and if you are on the bottom floor it is very loud. I would not read any review before march because of the change of ownership.

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank angelaeK1261WM
Reviewed 22 June 2020 via mobile

We had such a wonderful experience! Our RV broke down and decided to book a motel for a a couple of days. The owner and his wife took great care of us, recommended restaurants and even found us a mobile mechanic!! They were great! We were able to walk to places or just drive a short distance to get items. We did laundry while we swam in the heated pool at night and it was safe, clean, and I would recommend this place to anyone!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2020

We were very pleased to discover that our accommodation was very well equipped with a full kitchen, dining area, living room and 2 bedrooms. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. The Pony Express is convenient to downtown and there is a supermarket right across the street, and several restaurants a few minutes walk away. As we were there for 5 days of downhill skiing at Jackson Hole, we couldn't have picked a better place to stay at such a reasonable cost. Due to the corona virus making safe travel plans questionable, we left a day earlier than we had intended and luckily missed the huge crowds at Chicago's O'Hare airport on March 14. We were given a full credit for the missed night. That was very much appreciated, and we thank the owners for being so understanding. We would go back to this motel without question and highly recommend it.

Room tip: Choose a family room for the spaciousness of it. Lots of room to hang ski clothing and equipment.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 22 November 2019

We really enjoyed our stay at the Pony Express Motel, it was neat, clean and a good location. It was a good value for our 1 night in town. It was nice too being on the bottom floor for easy unload and loading. The staff was nice and the parking was good. It was a great stay.

Date of stay: September 2019