All reviews bunk beds full kitchen busy intersection grocery store across the street gas station jackson hole two bedroom condo place to stay family room road noise expensive town two nights nice pool would definitely stay here again grand teton park guest laundry we loved our stay
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed here while going to Yellowstone. We appreciated the fact that they accept dogs and had a kitchen in the room. We prepared half of our meals there, which saved a lot of money and frankly tasted better than in Yellowstone. The staff was very friendly and the place was very clean. My favorite part about the room was the bed! The blankets and comforter were very soft and cozy and made it hard to get out of bed! The downsides were that it was located on a busy intersection which was a little tricky to get in and out of. The noise from the road wasn't bad, but we were on a lower level unit and with people walking by (loudly), noise from above and from beside- it wasn't very quiet. If I had to do it over, I would ask for an upstairs unit.

Room tip: Ask for an upper level room- more quiet
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank U1999QHlindaw
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My daughter and I stayed at the Pony Express Motel for four nights, We got room #15 (on the ground floor) with the bunk beds, queen bed, microwave, and refrigerator. When we first got there it was before check-in time and a sign made it clear that they did not want folks asking if rooms were ready before check in. That's o.k. because it is obvious that being family owned, it is all hands on deck to get the rooms ready. Anyway, every day the room was well cleaned including fresh towels (and plenty) every day no matter if we hung them up, With so much walking it was nice to return to a refreshing shower. The bath tub has no mat or grab bars- not a prob. for us, but may be for some. There is a separate alcove for the sink and small vanity. The queen bed was very comfortable and the sheets smelled so clean! Everything in the room worked well except for a curious phone without a cord. Foolishly, I tried to call the desk (with my cell phone) to ask for a wake-up call and of course, they do not do wake up calls. Silly me! Luckily my daughter set her i-pod and we were all set with that for a wake up.
As far as the location goes, there is currently construction across the street making traffic go less smoothly than usual plus the motel is set off the road on a driveway that also serves as a road into a gas station and a couple of other buildings, To go left out of the motel, and back into Jackson (very short distance) we had to either go up route 22 and turn or go across the busy highway into Jackson. One plus if you happen to choose Alamo/National rental car is that the office is only two minutes up route 22 from the motel. (that's where the shuttle from the airport takes you to get your car.)
After a fabulous four days, we wanted to print out our boarding passes and Chrissy (one of the owners) graciously used her work computer to print them out. I think they may have decided that with so many ways to access many transactions by cell phone, it may not be necessary to offer some of these "out of date" amenities.
All in all, we loved our little home away from home and would definitely go back to the Pony Express again.

Room tip: The rooms in our end ( room # 15) on the first floor seemed very accessible.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We stayed for one night on our way to Yellowstone and couldn't of been more pleased. We were given a 2 bedroom condo for just my husband and I and it was fantastic. Bed was wonderful, living room and kitchen well stocked and wifi was perfect. Dinner recommendations given us at front desk were spot on and we had a wonderful dinner.
We will be back!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We landed in Jackson after almost 30 hours of traveling. We landed late at night-and the guys at Pony express left us an envelope with directions to our room, keys and the wifi password. The motel was awesome-the bed was comfortable, the kitchen was well equiped (even had a dishwasher!) and it was in a great location. In the morning we got great recommendations from the guy in the reception. It was I think the perfect place to stay while visiting Jackson, Teton village and Grand Teton national park.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The motel room was clean and the bed large we had a ground floor room and the very small bathroom at the rear slopes slightly and everything slopes with it.... odd!

It is at the junction where the road to Teton village connects to main road to Jackson

Parking was easy and behind a gas station. A short walk away is an upstairs bar/ restaurant serving 27 different beers and the food is pretty good and not over priced, it seems to be very popular with the local families on a Saturday night which is always good.

Across the road is a super market and bowling alley

All good