“Great hotel & restaurant in a convenient location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Buffalo Club - Hotel

White Buffalo Club - Hotel
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Great hotel & restaurant in a convenient location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My visit to the White Buffalo Club was in February for skiing - this is the low season for Jackson. I stayed in a double-king, room 208. Across the hall was an AMAZING suite with its own bar. I understand that each room is unique, so take a look at what they have.

Staff: From the moment I walked in the door, they were incredibly nice & being a small hotel, they were very personable ("You must be Ms Stephens, your friend is in town, I believe.") Check-in/out was friendly and easy.

Parking: Garage access was super easy, space available for my entire stay, free and in & out. They also had 3-hour parking right in front (everywhere in town!) and some overnight parking in the back.

Room & Bath: I was incredibly impressed with the room. There was a small view of Snow King skiing. The beds were incredibly comfortable, similar to what I find at the Marriotts & Hiltons I stay at regularly for work. The large flat-screen tv had many channels to choose from. The bathroom had a walk in separate shower with dispensers full of shampoo, cond., and body wash. The shower was awesome - great pressure! The entire bath was a deep earthy stonework, absolutely beautiful! There was a separate room for the toilet and a separate room in the bath that had an upright washer & dryer!! There were also dispensers for lotion & soap, a full (large) bathtub, hairdryer, coffee maker & tea.

There was a large closet and our room had a long hallway which worked nicely for skis. There was not a lot of drawer space (3-4 drawers), but with a luggage stand & the shelves in the closet, it was no problem for us. The alarm clock was standard (no iPhone dock).

Gym: The gym was incredible - a lot of equipment, areas for stretching & yoga (they have some classes too).

Restaurant: The Cellar Restaurant downstairs was amazing. The food was delicious - we had the beet salad, scallops, truffle fries, and 2 bottles of wine (different nights) - the Malbec from Argentina was divine (and the bartender was very knowledgable to recommend it based on our conversation), and the Sonoma red Zinfandel was just perfect. I would highly recommend visiting the restaurant regardless of whether you stay in the hotel. It has great ambience - the bar was great for me and my friend, there were families and couples, and everyone had a place to have an intimate or open experience. There was also a party room you may want to inquire about.

Location: So convenient! By the corner of Gill & Millward, we were able to walk to all the bars, restaurants, shops, and town square within 5-15 minutes. It was great to park the car after a day on the mountain and walk everywhere!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jennibeans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Woodstock, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Others have written plenty about other aspects of this property...here's something different: This hotel has an agreement with the Homewood Suites located just a few steps away. White Buffalo Club patrons can use Homewood's lap pool and hot tub, and Homewood's patrons can use White Buffalo's fantastic fitness facility. Maintaining your workout regimen away from home can be a hassle, so it was really great to have such a complete facility staffed with smiling faces (and delicious coffee). Dumbbells go up to 85lbs, plenty of Olympic 45s, circuit machines, cable crossover, treadmills, ellipticals, recumbents, etc. Get your lift on and then ride the steeps in JH!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Soopnatzi
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I visited this property again in July 2011. My stay was fabulous and once again, the staff was outstanding. They brought me food when I had become ill (allergic reaction), and even checked on me to make sure I was ok. They have pillows that are hypoallergenic and feather. The staff is fabulous and the room was extremely nice. I love the bathroom with the glass shower and sunken tub. The king bed was great as well. The best sleep I have had in a long time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Fabtrav001
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Currently at this place and into day four of a five day stay. Very overpriced for services offered. It is clean and has a very comfortable bed, very nice decor, overall nice suite with fireplace. Our room is directly above an electric garage door which opens repeatedly at all times of day and night which is very loud and disruptive. Staff very unfamiliar with local attractions thus not much help with recommending anything, some of the staff even appear to be inconvenienced if questions are asked. Restaurant on site very over priced with regard to their added gratuities and do not even have several of the items listed on their already limited menu. House keeping services are a hit or miss, actually forgot to come one day. Staff are not available 24 hours a day, they leave for the late evening/night hours. There is a spa onsite but staff are not familiar with services offered and even gave conflicting prices when compared to those listed in the directory of services. The facility lists their prices on the internet which are incongruent with those actually charged onsite.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Belynda A
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you for your recent review and allowing me to explain in person some of the amenities and questions you had after writing your review. I greatly apologize for your feeling of disconnect with our staff. Our staff actually has over 30 years combined experience in the Jackson Hole area and are a valuable source of knowledge and assistance when making anything from dinner reservations to booking activities. Since we are a smaller hotel, we get to know our guests very well and try to accommodate every request possible.

Next time at the hotel we would love to have you dine in the restaurant as our room service menu is of a smaller select menu. Unfortunately our USDA prime steaks served on hot plates can not be carried or carted to rooms.

As mentioned in our conversation after review was posted, we do have staff in-house 24 hours but during late off hours is much smaller. Immediate assistance can always be obtained around the clock.

All of our guests receive discount massage treatments at our Wellness Spa and complimentary Yoga. My agent on duty did not know that you were a in-house guest and therefore quoted a higher rate. This was a mistake on our end and staff has been made aware of this and informed to always ask to make sure that every guests receives proper discounted rates.

We honor all rates and specials on our web site or any of our travel partners websites. Due to last minute cancellations, gaps in availability, or early season promotions we do change promotions throughout the year and rates are subject to change. We absolutely will ensure that each reservation receives the best deal we can possibly offer at that time.

I greatly thank you for bringing these questions and items to our attention so we may grow and adapt to match every guests expectations. Hope to see you again!
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We are here now with family in a 3 room suite. Now that I know it was a condo building with the condos chopped up into hotel rooms, it explains the bizarre room layout to a certain extent. The staff are nice and attentive. But I haven't had pillows this bad since I left basic training in the Army 30 years ago. Since you go to the hotel to sleep, it would seem the bed and linens would be a priority. I would recommend these guys go to the Hiltonhome.com web site and order some bedding.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeff R
Thank you for your feedback. We have a variety of room types at the hotel including single King, Double King, Kitchen Suites, and Fireplace Suites. Our kitchen suites can be rented as a single room suite or can be combined with another hotel room to form a two bedroom or even three bedroom. There are not many option in downtown that have multiple room features so having this option is very popular for families and larger parties.

I apologize that that you were unhappy with the pillows in your room. Our rooms do use a down feather soft pillow. These pillows can be exchanged at any time for synthetic firmer pillow types per comfort or allergic request.

Thank You!