US$217
US$287
US$240
US$365
US$256
Big Bear Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$244
US$197
Official Website
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$233/night.

Bear Tooth Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$152
Agoda.com
All reviewshorseback ridinggreat ridetrail guidehot tubother guestsyellowstone national parklog cabinjohnnydianecampfirewranglershorsesranchmountainsscenerycubsusable
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Would discourage you from staying here! The pictures and descriptions on their website are not even remotely close to the cabins! The cabin we stayed in was a "trapper shack," it did have running water however. The cabin itself was blazing hot during the day as there is no air conditioning and got quite cold at night. There were bugs all over, the sheets and pillowcases were dirty and the furniture was dusty! Upon opening the windows we quickly realized where all the dirt and bugs were coming from. There is no cell phone reception and no wifi. The woman owner was NOT even remotely friendly or welcoming in fact it was if we were annoying her by checking in and asking questions! The husband/wife managers I think we awesome! Super friendly and very helpful we suggest the owner take a lesson from them on her people and social skills! As I stated above, I would not suggest to anyone to stay here! And WAY overpriced for the nasty accommodations! I bet it leaks when it rains, check out the roof!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Blackwater was awesome and the staff were great! They were very helpful with information, went out of their way to help the kids enjoy their time and the horses are great for kids to ride with reasonable riding rates. The cabins were very clean and cozy. Just what we wanted in a rustic & real mountain experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
blackwaterranch, Owner at Blackwater Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Thanks for the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Diana & Johnie

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Whilst you may consider the accommodation to be a little rustic, don't be fooled, the beds are comfy and the showers are hot. We stayed here for a couple of nights during our fly drive holiday and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and packed plenty in, making use of the pool, going on a horseback trail with the Wranglers and going into Cody to see the nighttime rodeo. Dianne and Johnnie were extremely helpful, as were their staff, and the food was delicious and plentiful.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
blackwaterranch, Owner at Blackwater Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thanks Caroline,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look for to a return visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

We knew it was between Cody and Yellowstone with no Wi-Fi, Our kids had to talk and communicate without their phones. What a nice peacefully time we had.
We had plenty to do. I talked with Diana before hand and had an agenda already set. Her husband - Johnie. took us all day ( from 6am-6pm ) driving thru Yellowstone to view the wild life and attractions.
We didn't miss a thing other than not seeing moose. It was a great trip and one the family won't forget, Day 2 was going white river rafting in Cody, which the trip was called short because a guy was jumping off the main street bridge with a bomb attached to him. Oh well. It was a pretty tame river. Day 3 was going on horseback riding, we were planning an a 2 hour trip with lunch at the top of a mountain, which sounded cool , but again it was called short because the day before the guides ran into a grizzled and her cubs on their trail up to the place we were going and also it was raining and the trail was a bit slippery for the horses. It was a nice ride even thou it was an hour. The 2 guides were awesome with plenty of knowledge of the area.
The food was better here than in Cody. The lodge was spacious and a place to unwind with a bar as well. There is a small pool and hot tub by the lodge. I think they should use the grill on the deck more for serving burgers steaks etc... it is the outdoors... All the staff work hard to please you and always have a smile. It was a place I'd go back to in a heart beat. Great job Diana and Johnie.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
blackwaterranch, Owner at Blackwater Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thanks for the review and comments. Hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I loved the hosts of BCR, Diana and Johnny. They were extremely accommodating. They are from back east, but you would never know it. After a long trail ride and getting soaked in the rain, and a day that turned off chilly and in the 40s, I changed clothes and went to the main lodge to warm up. Although I was the only one around mid afternoon, Diana offered and did make me a warm fire. You would never think you needed a fire in July, however, it was GREAT. She also gave me some warm tea. They serve three meals a day, where you can either eat a buffet or planned meal or order off the menu. I had the breakfast day one day (which changes daily) and ordered a delicious omelet the next morning. I also had a port tenderloin on a night that Diana and Johnny cook. A sandwich, chips, cookies, water and trail mix were also sent on our trail ride which we found a few dry minutes to eat on the mountain. The "Trails End" cabin where I stayed was very quaint. There is a wall heater, however, no AC (which was not needed). The other staff there were amazing, from a number of college gals, some seasonal workers, and some other folks my age that were extremely friendly and nice to visit with. They also provide trips to the area attractions, like Yellowstone Park. Fishing is also close by, along with a beautiful river. The cabins are nestled among the trees in the Shoshone National Park. The ranch picked me up in Cody and returned me to the airport in perfect time for my flight out...which was a great help since I did not have a car.
There is a TV in the main lodge, which also has a bar but no TVs in the rooms. Internet/Wifi is limited but when you are on vacation, who needs it. It was nice to be away from all the hustle and bustle of the city.
This is a great family place, some fabulous staff, some super great horses to trail ride on, some fishermen who would love to take you to the river, and an overall great place to go. I highly recommend BCR for a great experience for singles, families or couples. Be prepared to be treated like family!

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank rtmidland

Thanks for the review,
Hope to see you on a return trip!