“Neat place with great hot fresh foods”

Anong's Thai Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 210 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

My better half and I stopped for dinner anf we had hot tea, Veggie Curry and Veggie halibut fish dishes. Orders came out fast and were hot, very tasty. Good prices for this small, intimate restaurant which is a great place for date night.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Our first visit was only because we needed lunch on a Sunday and there are so few decent eateries open on Sunday in the Laramie-Cheyenne area. The place was really busy, particularly because of the upcoming Great American Eclipse. Despite the challenges, service was excellent!! The food was outstanding. We particularly enjoyed the green beans (pad prik king). The yellow curry was wonderfully flavourful, but we would choose something other than chicken for the feature ingredient because thin-sliced chicken ends up more cooked than we like. The wine list is adequate and affordable. We enjoyed Anong's so much that we changed our itinerary to bring us back to Cheyenne for another delightful lunch. Our main dish was masaman curry (because we love potatoes and not so much rice) with shrimp that were perfectly cooked. This time there was no crowd, so we had time to talk to one of the senior staff members, Kevin, who enriched our experience by sharing his knowledge of life in this fascinating part of America. Immigrants built this country, and it is people like Anong and her extended family who are continuing to make America great!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The food was good. My only real issue with it was that I asked for a very spicy curry and received a fairly bland one. They did include chopped chilies to stir into the sauce, but that's not the same thing at all.

The reason for the low rating is when I looked at my bill they had charged $28 for the meal when the three items I ordered cost $4, $6, and $12 respectively. They corrected when I pointed this out, but since it was a machine tape something was wrong.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

My wife and I ate here for the first time on a Saturday evening.

I had the Kee Mau (sautéed flat noodles with basil, veggies, in a light but spicy sauce) and my wife had Panang Curry (sauce made with red chili past and coconut milk). Both dishes were excellent (we're experienced Thai diners) and would most definitely recommend both dishes.

The service was terrific. The waitress was helpful, prompt, and knows the dishes on the menu quite well. The food was prepared and delivered quickly.

One last note... If you a male and visit the restroom, watch your head on the low door frame. You'll see (or feel) what I'm talking about B^)

1  Thank Beevie
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Looked a bit scary outside and inside was okay, but the food was quite good. We had potstickers and shared some shrimp pad Thai. The shrimp was grilled, sauce kind of sweet & plentiful, and the portion was generous. We will stop again as we pass through town.