“KITCH FUN”
Review of Guest Ranch Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cheyenne
Guest Ranch Motel
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
california
“KITCH FUN”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I guess you can spend a couple of dollars more, and be in a nicer part of Cheyenne. I didn't realize that there were nicer hotels for the same amount of money (or $10 more) just about 5 miles away.

But it was a cool little roadside motel. Things were clean, the clerk was very funny and friendly, and across the street was a cool restaurant that was in a converted train caboose.

If you're into hanging around cheap motels, then you'll do fine here. I thought the neighborhood was a bit sketchy, and honestly it looked like it was 2 levels up from being a hooker's motel, but I slept soundly, had no complaints, and left without any problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ANTHONYROBERSON

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2011

For a frankly incredible $40 I got a night here (only about $10 more than a camp site might have cost). There's loads of parking here right outside your room and the main centre of Cheyenne is a short walk away (including the excellent 2 Doors Down burger cafe).
Downsides were housekeeping seemed to have developed selective blindness when preparing the room as I found full bins, a pair of boxer shorts from the previous resident on the dresser and a half-finished soft drink container in the bathroom. The place also smelled strongly of disinfectant.
It's an old, unloved motel and it shows, the rooms have certainly seen better days, but all I wanted was a wireless connection, a bed and a shower. If you're not precious this cheap motel should entirely suffice and at that price, the shortcomings (whilst not excusable) are perhaps to be expected.

Room Tip: If you need wireless, ask to be closer to the reception where the main router is
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank brotherharry

Travellers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Nebraska
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Since we're "budget travellers" arriving in Cheyenne late on a Thursday night we checked out Motel 6, then the inausupicious Luxury Inn - both full. We looked into probably 7 other hotels in the area and they, too were all full. The desk clerk at the Days Inn told us that construction workers filled all the hotels. We went "deeper" into town and finally found space for us at the Guest Ranch.
This place is old and in a run-down area of town. Although the room had old panelling and old, dated furnishings, it was fairly clean. It's also old style where you can drive up to your door. Basically our type of place except for the price - dang near $100! That's outrageous for a 50 year old, un-refurbished motel with absolutely no amenities - zilch. The lady at the desk was nice enough and put us into a "family room" but, frankly, we were gouged - big time!
Had I not been charged double the actual value of that room, it would have recieved a much better review. I find out later that this is the "culture" of hotels in Cheyenne - the prices go up as the rooms fill up - I can only imagine what it's like during their Frontier Days. Guess I won't be finding out first hand becuase I won't be coming back to Cheyenne - good riddance to the whole cheating town.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rodeguys
WYO
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I was stranded because of weather. Owner was very nice. Room was smelly, old and there wasn't one toiletry... not even a bar of soap! Because I was stranded only 45 minutes away from my home, I didn't have a thing! When I called the front desk, he said, "really, there's nothing at all?". With that I thought he would stock the room with the usual things, but all he brought was 2 bars of soap... gee, thanks...
There was a hair comb under the bed and other areas that had been deserted by the cleaners.
It took more than a day for the smell to get out of my things.
Only stay here is there is NOTHING else open!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Overall, had a great experience. This hotel is older, yet it is kept in good condition. We enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Older bedding on bed, but yet clean. We were in Cheyenne during Frontier Days so everything was booked. We were happy to find an open room here. Surprisingly, expensive. We were told that it is the going rate during this festival.
We had a van full of camera equipment and we felt secure parking here. We liked that our car was parked in front of our hotel door.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business