All reviews bedroom condo full kitchen main resort infinity pool hot tub season porch lake delton water park main water great view of lake washer dryer master bathroom paper towels shuttle bus shuttle service great vacation king bed
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This place was lacking the basics of friendliness for a resort property. The worst part was the room. It was the basic hotel room you would find at any Best Western. Each unit is individually owned, so I am guessing the furnishings are based on what the owner decided on. I was not impressed. This would not be on my return list.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank frequenttravelerdave
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Our group was 12 people so we rented the large condo. The view was great, there is an area that faces the lake that is nice to sit and have coffee or drinks in. The positive is that there is a lot of space but the downside is that it is somewhat impractical. The upstairs can sleep several people but there is no bathroom up there! The condo has 2 bathrooms, one en-suite connected to the master and then one for everyone else to share. the dining area was very small - table might sit 6 people if you pulled it out from the wall. Not entirely sure they washed the bedspreads between guests... Décor is dated. Staff is marginally friendly. Also, activities are extra charges and quite high.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My family of five loved our stay at Wilderness on the Lake. The rooms are huge with plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. The jacuzzi is a welcome addition as are the fireplaces. The beds were comfortable and the kitchens well stocked. We stayed on the first floor which opened to the patio. It was nice at night but I would have preferred a view of the lake. We did hear a lot of noise from the room upstairs. The shuttle to the resort is quick and easy but we did end up driving over on other days and that was easy too. We definitely recommend!

Room Tip: top floor would have been quieter and had a better view of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had a wonderful time at Wilderness on the Lake. The rooms were HUGE and we had more than enough space for our family of five. My only disappointment was that there are no balcony's. I had a vision of sitting on the balcony, drinking a Spotted Cow while overlooking the lake. Still had my Spotted Cow - just drank it from the Jacuzzi room.

Below are just a few notes I wish I would have know before going...

The kitchen was very convenient. The pans don't have a non-stick surface, so if you plan to cook, it is a good idea to bring some Pam or butter. As other reviews have noted, pots and pans are the only thing included. If you want salt, pepper, syrup, etc, you need to bring them yourself. There is a Walmart not far away. Dishwasher and Dish soap was supplied, but laundry detergent wasn't. There is a little grocery store by the front desk where you can get any items (honey, cling wrap, PAM) you might have forgotten on your grocery run.

From other reviews, we knew housekeeping would not be coming daily to refresh the beds, which was fine with us. They do come by with fresh towels for both the bathroom and kitchen, which was nice.

We used the pontoon shuttle often. Wait times were generally short. You do need to wait for a shuttle on the other side of the lake. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes. In the evening, If you find yourself standing in line at the Wilderness Lodge for a blue shuttle, it is faster to take the red shuttle to the boat landing and wait for the pontoon.

We debated whether to get the Fun Pass for the kids. In the end, it was more economical to get one for all of us (not the unlimited). We ended up doing everything except the outdoor mini golf and go karts.

We cooked our own food, but did have lunch one day at The Thirsty Buffalo Saloon. The meal was OK. It was more out of convenience than making a conscious decision to eat there.

We did the Escape Room and had a blast. Highly recommend if you have a chance.

The Zipline course is fun.

And of course, the waterparks were the main attraction. Despite the resort being almost completely booked, none of the lines were terribly long. Our family spent more time at the indoor parks than the outdoor parks, but there is plenty to do at all of them. Our youngest son made the comment he would have preferred to stay a little closer to the bigger water parks, rather than having to ride the shuttle/pontoon to get there, but the rest of us liked being a little farther away. It seemed a little quieter across the river.

This was a great family trip and I would highly recommend. Not sure if we will be back because there is so much else to see and do, but if we do return, I would definitely check out Wilderness on the Lake again.

Room Tip: If you plan to grill, ask for a room on the first floor on the terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SoDakTraveler
Reviewed 2 August 2017

My wife and I took kids and grandkids (19 of us total) for a family vacation. Rented two three bedroom condos on the lake. Rooms are very large and clean. They are starting to show wear and tear and are somewhat dated but we didn't care. As a family we had a blast. Cooked out one night at the hotel and that was a cost saving and fun. The whole resort was fun, fun, fun.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake are very quite, rooms at other resort seemed to be too busy for our style.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family