“A good place to disconnect”

and 1 more site!
Sundara Inn and Spa
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I was disappointed to only see a negative review pop up of Sundara from Trip Advisor when I google it. This spa is a great spa - probably the best real spa in this area. Sure you can go and get a good massage anywhere but you cannot just go ANYwhere to get an experience like you get at Sundara - the woodsy setting, the smell and sound of the pine trees rustling while you sit by the the infinity edge pool sipping a lovely mojito and snacking on bruschetta. The fact that you can sit and enjoy this peaceful poolside view before and after your spa service makes it a complete spa experience. I have been to Sundara 5 times now and I have enjoyed every moment there - did not want to leave. It is perfect. Of course, not. But the 1 star review is totally off base. I have always had wonderful service, great food, the wait staff always gives me extra body scrub because I love it and the smell of it. The rooms are comfy and relaxing and the shower spa in the rooms is nice - I actually enjoy the shower spa vs. a hot tub. That's my two cents. I can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: If you can afford a balcony room - the view is worth it
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank jnet8888
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

We are delighted to provide you with a full and tranquil spa experience and we appreciate the time put in to share your opinion.

Our Sandstone Body Polish is special to as the sand used to create the product is excavated on site. We are thrilled that you have come to enjoy it so much!

Thank you!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

My husband and I have been here about 7 or 8 times. We love it. We have had some bad experiences ranging from when they first went fully electronic-free and didn't post signs for that, and my husband was embarrassingly reprimanded for reading his Kindle at the pool (management made it right & they now have very obvious signs)--to many, many wonderful experiences, both overnight and just for the day.

Personally, I think the spa services are average in quality and overpriced. However, if you are coming for the day only, they include full usage of the purifying bath ritual and facilities. Okay. I'll pay for it. The BETTER option is to stay overnight if possible, and use the facility for two days with no spa services. This includes breakfast (liked it better when it was buffet style, you now have to order from a menu even though it's included) and all spa facilities. We like the food and we are kind of picky.
Service is always great at the front desk and very, VERY sketchy at the pool. If you're going to order food, just be willing to either wait a long time or have someone who isn't thrilled to be working. That has honestly been our experience the majority of times we've come, but we work around it now.
I would also say that Sundara is busier in the summer, and often there are bachelorette weekends, or similar groups who do not adhere to the quiet policy. Can be annoying. But overall, we always leave very much more relaxed than when we arrived. The spa products smell amazing, the rooms are very luxurious and comfortable (even the basic rooms are amazing), and we continue to try and work Sundara into our schedule a couple of times per year.

Room Tip: No need to pay for a higher ranked room...they are all fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences! We certainly appreciate your patronage over the years.

With the expansion, we are working to alleviate some of the service issues you described in the culinary department and with the addition of a conversation area this should make all other areas a true sanctuary with minimal noise.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

This wasn't our first visit here and hopefully, will not be the last. I have never visited any spa that comes close to the level of service and ambiance attained by Sundara in the Dells. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the treatments are excellent, and the accommodations first rate. I have been here for treatments only and have also stayed over night. This is a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda J
Management response:Responded 27 June 2017

Thank you sharing your experience with us! We too hope this will not be your last visit.

Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We lost our younger brother on my husband's side a month ago. To help my dear husband gather himself, I reserved the weekend of June 16 - June 18, 2017 including full body massages for both of us.
We experienced caring, passionate and friendly staff at the reception.
The manageress knows what customer service is about.
Our massages was so amazing.
The food - inclusive breakfast - very nice - option of omelette, french toast to name but a few. Dinner - steak salad for $16.00 the best salad and price you can find. My husband had the pork chop grilled to perfection. Presentation is great. We had banana split and creme brule - deliciious. The wait staff were friendly, great sense of humor - the best.
We will be back again and again.
We are very excited with he new addition of a restaurant, salt water pool and MORE in progress.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 20 June 2017

Thank you for sharing your Sundara experience! We look forward to seeing you return over the years.

We are sorry for your loss and hope that Sundara was able to provide a sanctuary of healing.

All the best to you and yours, Heila!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

If you are looking to have massage therapy services at Sundara Spa in Wisconsin Dells, my husband highly recommends Carmen.

One of the services he thoroughly enjoys is the 80 minute Sundara Signature Massage. After having a countless number of massages with different therapists, he now only requests one therapist exclusively and that is Carmen.

Carmen is a licensed massage therapist that energizes his soul to no end. Before he sees Carmen, his body is always stressed out and sore from the daily riggers of work. After he sees Carmen, his body is revitalized to a melting pot of relaxation and rejuvenation.

Carmen is very professional in every sense of the word. She manages her time very effectively to accommodate any massage therapy needed. She is without a doubt one of the best in her field and has "magic hands" that take the stress away. Ask for Carmen. Your muscles will thank you!

Room Tip: We always book room #2206
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MMW1973
Management response:Responded 16 June 2017

Thank you for providing such amazing feedback on Carmen, we will be sure to share it!