Mt. Olympus Villages
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$105
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$72
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$147
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$146
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$210
Groupon.com
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$73
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$57
Hotwire.com
All reviewshot tubmicrowavedresserparkssodakid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2017

IF you choose to stay at Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin Dells, be sure to stay in the main hotel. I would hope it is better constructed and maintained. The rest of their properties are converted motels, which we did not know until it was too late. Ours was in building 11. I tend to judge a room in large part on three factors. Amenities, bed comfort and the bathroom.

As for amenities it had no real dresser/chest. Just a long desk with shelving. There was a small microwave, an ironing board and iron. No coffee pot. There was a decent sized mini-fridge. But there was an old CRT (tube) TV where the image ran off the sides.

There was a queen-ish sized bed and a bunk bed. The design of the bunk bed was pretty cool. It took inspiration from an old steam boat paddle wheel. They have pictures on their site of this. Sturdy construction. Pretty cool. The beds themselves were like what I have experienced in Switzerland, minus the comfort. That is to say that none of the beds had box springs (bunk beds never do), instead a platform on which the mattress is placed. The mattresses were standard cheap thin mattresses. Not very comfortable. In Switzerland the mattresses are thicker and are made of some sort of memory foam.

The bathroom was tiny to say the least. The door was narrower than average, yet still nearly hits the small cheap toilet and even cheaper shower tub. Superman has changed in bigger phone booths.

Additionally the walls were super thin. You could not hear your neighbors talking in normal voices but anything above that easily translated from one room to the other.

Other points.
- Not all of their "hotel" buildings are on the same property having several businesses and other hotels/motels in between. Consequently they are not even connected by walking paths so you have to drive or walk several blocks to get to the main resort and water/theme parks.

- The water park is OK. They have both indoor and outdoor water parks. Part of the outdoor park is reserved for guests only which is nice, but its small, but it keeps lines shorter. The public part, including the indoor park is much more congested an the indoor park has mostly rides that use tubes, but not nearly enough tubes. Patrons had taken to keeping their tube and dragging it around from ride to ride so you could go for a very long time without ever even getting to ride anything.

- The price of the rooms did include admission to the parks...but it turns out admission to the parks is only $9.00, so who cares.

- Our building was not easily wheel chair accessible on the second floor as there was no elevator, which I believe is typical of the upper level of most motels.

My advice is that if you have the means, find a nicer resort or a vacation rental.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the main hotel (I think they call it Rome)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Justin S, Guest Relations Manager at Mt. Olympus Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and I do apologize for any inconveniences experienced. Please feel free to contact myself - justin.s@mtolympuspark.com and I would be more than happy to assist on this matter further.

Justin Schaetzka
Customer Service Manager
Mt. Olympus Resorts

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The park was overcrowded, hour wait on everything from the free 1 limit brat, six chips and 10oz drink to all water slides.
We end up going to the private side and one of the slides was down.

Rooms terrible, gum on the walls and floor, beds were like quick sand, I almost didn't make it out. The blue and white paint doesn't make a crappy run down motel any better. $396.56 for a July Saturday is ridiculous.

The last river on the private side was nice, tubes were hard to com by and ended up find a half deflated one I blew up to float.

Over all my Olympus is deflated. Please enjoy the image of my amazing view of a pool shed.

Jim

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017

It's a great place to take your kids for a day of fun especially if you can find a deal but to pay for a room is ridiculous and a joke. They charge around a $25 resort fee which I might be able to understand if you were to book a room at the hotel on site but we stayed at a village across the street and it was not a hotel let alone a resort, it was a motel with little to no security. No employees easily accessible.

Every time we would go up to an employee to ask them something or even to check in they were not welcoming at all. Except for the three ladies at the food place across from Poseidon's Rage where they sell pizza, nachos, soft pretzels and other things. They were extremely nice and went above and beyond. I regret that I didn't get their names.

This also was not a huge issue for us but if anyone is going here that needs fast internet, I'm not sure if it was just the village that we stayed at but the internet was very slow.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I'm currently staying at the Mt. Olympus Village. YES! I could not until I went home to write this review. This is my first day here and I'm already unhappy with this place. Yes, they tell you online that there are off-site facilities, but it doesn't come no where near to resort status. There are many off-sites facilities. The owner bought off a few motel locations and just painted the outside of the buildings blue & white. Even though this was a last minute trip, I could have booked a better spot. Where do I begin? Upon arrival the lobby at the check-in location was a HOT MESS! It was so busy. No one really to welcome you. Customer service was nice. Upon arrival I was told that my room was ready. When I arrived to my room, my room was not ready. The beds are horrible. LOL...they painted the headboards on the wall! I literally sunk into my bed. We called front desk to complain about the bed and they were nice enough to replace the mattress, but make sure you clear your bed because then they will not replace the mattress. When you take a shower make sure you take a 3 minute bath because if you take a longer bath, the next person that goes in will not have hot water. So that means, you cannot even wash your hair. We've called to have maintenance come check it out and lukewarm water is hot for them. The park...where do I begin with this park. Overcrowded!!!! Water cloudy! SAVE YOUR $$$

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival, it took about an hour to check in at the main lobby. We were then sent about a mile away to our Mt. Olympus Village. Because we weren't directed to an entrance door and were only given a room number on the 2nd floor, I went to the main lobby for clarification. To my surprise there was no front desk, no hotel map, no security, nobody to assist. There were about 5 additional families seeking directions to their room as well. We eventually found our room which was clean. There was no inside room security lock which is important to mention. At 11:45 pm the fire alarm went off for 5 minutes which was very frightening. I called the emergency number which was directed to the main check in lobby. They couldn't give me any information regarding the alarm, not even wether or not it was safe to enter the building. Other guests said the fire alarms are frequently pulled by kids. This would make sense as there was NO PRESENCE of Mt. Olympus staff anywhere other than a young crew of housekeepers at 10:30am.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family