“You get what you paid for...LITERALLY!!!”

Mt. Olympus Villages
Ranked #67 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I'm currently staying at the Mt. Olympus Village. YES! I could not until I went home to write this review. This is my first day here and I'm already unhappy with this place. Yes, they tell you online that there are off-site facilities, but it doesn't come no where near to resort status. There are many off-sites facilities. The owner bought off a few motel locations and just painted the outside of the buildings blue & white. Even though this was a last minute trip, I could have booked a better spot. Where do I begin? Upon arrival the lobby at the check-in location was a HOT MESS! It was so busy. No one really to welcome you. Customer service was nice. Upon arrival I was told that my room was ready. When I arrived to my room, my room was not ready. The beds are horrible. LOL...they painted the headboards on the wall! I literally sunk into my bed. We called front desk to complain about the bed and they were nice enough to replace the mattress, but make sure you clear your bed because then they will not replace the mattress. When you take a shower make sure you take a 3 minute bath because if you take a longer bath, the next person that goes in will not have hot water. So that means, you cannot even wash your hair. We've called to have maintenance come check it out and lukewarm water is hot for them. The park...where do I begin with this park. Overcrowded!!!! Water cloudy! SAVE YOUR $$$

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival, it took about an hour to check in at the main lobby. We were then sent about a mile away to our Mt. Olympus Village. Because we weren't directed to an entrance door and were only given a room number on the 2nd floor, I went to the main lobby for clarification. To my surprise there was no front desk, no hotel map, no security, nobody to assist. There were about 5 additional families seeking directions to their room as well. We eventually found our room which was clean. There was no inside room security lock which is important to mention. At 11:45 pm the fire alarm went off for 5 minutes which was very frightening. I called the emergency number which was directed to the main check in lobby. They couldn't give me any information regarding the alarm, not even wether or not it was safe to enter the building. Other guests said the fire alarms are frequently pulled by kids. This would make sense as there was NO PRESENCE of Mt. Olympus staff anywhere other than a young crew of housekeepers at 10:30am.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017

When I booked our rooms online I was not aware that the villages were not located at the main resort/waterpark until recieving the confirmation email. When I called to change the reservation, I was told I had to decided quickily what I wanted to do, because if it is within 72 hours they charge your credit card for the full deposit. I decided just to cancel instead and was still charged a $30 processing fee. It is not a very friendly or flexible reservation system and the website does not clearlly tell you where the villages are located. I will be staying at a local motel instead and visiting Noah's Ark with my family.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Justin M
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I was extremely disappointed in staying at Mt. Olympus Village. We were there May 20, 2017. They had a "Automation Car Show" in town this weekend. It was awful! People cruising up and down the main road. Young and Old people drinking alcohol along both sides of the main street. Loud, rude, people staying at Mt. Olympus Villages.

Our room had broken glass on one of the beds that was by the window. Glass was on the floor and in the heating unit. We had to call for someone to sweep the floor and change the bed. There were cobwebs in the bathroom, and mold in the corner above the small fridge in the room.

The manager at the front desk had no idea we had found broken glass in the room. No one mentioned it to her. She gave us half of our deposit back.
I don't know if we will ever return the motel was very low quality and not what we expected. This vacation was to celebrate my granddaughter's 10th birthday. I traveled over 2,000 miles for a disappointing weekend at the Dells. We could have gone to six flags instead and had a better time and better quality of hotel accommodation. The food is over priced and poor service at McDonald in town. Go somewhere else to grab a quick bit to eat. 20 yr old TV and remote didn't work.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor for the Mt. Olympus Villages we were very skeptical. We read reviews before we go anywhere and generally base our decisions on these reviews. I am so glad that I did not base our decision to stay at Mt. Olympus on the bad reviews. We LOVED our room and have ZERO complaints about the accomodations at the Villages. Now, granted there are like 30 "Village buildings", so I can't write a review about all of them, but can tell you how wonderful the building we stayed in was. We stayed in Building 29, which was the only one with a pool. Our youngest son has cerebral palsy and uses a walker, so we booked a handicap accessible room. It was VERY nice! The bathroom was nice and updated and was very spacious! The room was clean and the beds very comfortable! My sister and her family stayed in a different building because they had a "themed" room and she said the beds were comfortable, but the room wasn't as updated as ours and the bathroom quite small. We got a phenomenal deal though and for the price it exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family