All reviews bigger resorts lazy rivers year olds spring break indoor water summer blast grandkids
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We had King sofa sleeper room near pool (which wasn’t even open). Patio door didn’t close properly, there were screws poking out of boards that were behind the headboard of the bed and sofa sleeper was gross.
We spent one night in the room and I requested a new room the second night because the sofa sleeper was so uncomfortable along with the other things. Screen and fan broke in second room along with hair in the shower.
We did get switched to a new room but they wanted to charge me more $ I told them no this was not acceptable and they did not charge me.
The other disappointing part was the outdoor lazy river was shutdown and slides were as well. Along with another kid area outside. My youngest child was very disappointed.
Would not stay here again unless it was half the price.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel lobby was very nice. The customer staff was very accommodating and check-in was an easy process. Early check-in was not an option but the room was ready on time as stated. The room was dated but clean and the bed was super comfortable. They have indoor and outdoor pools. The indoor pools were nice and the outdoor pools were okay but not in comparable to some of the larger water parks but not enough to complain about because it was free with your hotel stay. I would recommend purchasing a water park ticket at a larger water park if you are interested in the water park experience. A highlight of the hotel is onsite food that can be ordered up to midnight and the 20.00 drink cup with unlimited 6.00 drink fillups throughout your stay....awesome!!! We were there for a baseball tournament so we didn't hang out in the room often. If you plan to stay and in enjoy your room Ivwould recommend booking a condo suite as they are newly renovated and includes 2 burners, a kitchen sink, dishwasher and dining table. I took a peek and they were beautiful. If I had stayed in one of the condos my rating would have been 4 stars. The water park is not as clean as I had hoped and my room was dated but the price was right on target. I would recommend this hotel for those who are budget conscious and who don't mind leaving the hotel to find the perfect water park experience which is only 15 minutes from the hotel. If you plan to enjoy the hotel room get the newly renovated condo. If you plan to be gone all day and only need to sleep save your money and get the standard room, the beds are super comfy!

1  Thank grayrohan19
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I stayed here once in the 90's. Rooms were nice and comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay. So imagine my surprise when I returned in 2017 to find the placed run down and dirty. The pools were not heated so they were all cold. The hot tub was the only warm pool and everyone was in it - including little kids - so it was not enjoyable. The tubes for the water slides and lazy rivers were in short supply. The chairs outside were all faded and ripped. The robots along the indoor lazy river were broken and full of cobwebs. The rooms were not much better. Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else. I would not stay here again if it was for free!

Room Tip: No room is a good room here.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were at this resort via our Interval exchange last week & I can barely express how bad it was. While I've used Trip Advisor for years I've always just looked at reviews; never signed up & left one of my own. Until now. This is the first & I signed up just to post this. Everything about our experience was so bad that we packed our kids up, moved to another resort, paid double-time & ate the $ just to get out. I don't understand how all of these top flight reviews for this location can possibly be real.

1. The Rooms
The rooms are are quite small, at least the one we had was. And we exchanged thru Interval which usually means getting a pretty nice spot. They provide these smallest, thinnest most useless towels I've ever seen. This is supposed to be a *water park* resort. The bath towels were the size of hand towels - seriously. And if held in front of a lamp allow light to pass right thru.

2. The Staff
Rude and uncaring. For the most part the lifeguards do not speak any English! My wife asked one of the girls at the front desk, "Doesn't that seem like a bit of a problem, having people whose job it is to ensure the safety of patrons at least being conversant in the language?" The girl just said, "Not my department" and went back to her reading.

We decided to open a bottle of wine our first night but had no cork screw. I went to the front desk to see if I could borrow one. Two guys there, one I assume to be the night manager (heavier-set, blonde hair, glasses) doesn't even look at me or acknowledge my presence. Opens a drawer, pulls out a corkscrew & gives it to the other guy to give to me. He (the blonde guy) was closer to me than the other guy was! All he had to do was say, 'Here you go" and hand it over. This level of rudeness and indifference proved to be the norm for this particular individual.

The morning we decided to leave I went to the front desk to check out only to find a sign "Back in 10 minutes." So I started making luggage runs out the front door to the car. There was a girl just outside the door smoking a cigarette & yakking on her cell phone. 1 pass. 2 passes. 3 passes. I walked by her 3 times going to/from the car, which took 10 more minutes and watched her finish a cig then light another. Then I went back to the front desk & waited ANOTHER 5 minutes -- then guess who comes thru the door & returns to her position behind the front desk?

3. The Water Park
The water in the outdoor park was freezing. I mean FREEZING. And I can take it but even I couldn't get in and enjoy those pools. Plus they close early & will not allow you to lounge around outside/poolside in the evenings. My wife & kids went out to just relax, read a book in the sunshine & enjoy a warm evening. They were told the pools are closed & so they must leave the area. My wife said, "But we aren't swimming. The water's too cold even if we wanted to. We're just reading." Didn't matter. They were asked to LEAVE the area - mind you, we're PAYING to be here!

The jets in the hot tub did not work & no one knew how to contact maintenance to look at them, so basically it was a 102 degree bath tub. The 'water park' itself is very weeny compared to other places in town. Anyplace can be made to look nice, or at least better than it really is, in pictures and that's certainly the case here. If you have kids -- they will not be overwhelmed, believe me. Especially when you drive down the strip and see what else is available.

So needless to say my advice is to move on and leave this place alone. I can only imagine all of the glowing reviews left here are plants, either that or we really just caught the place and its rude, non-English-speaking staff on a bad day.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank DerrickTW
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Our stay was great. Room was immaculate. Having a kitchen and two rooms was very nice. But the hours that the outdoor waterpark is actually functioning are poor. Waking up early on vacation to hit the sunshine is our favorite thing to do. Here you have to sit and stare at the lounge chairs and water until 11:00! We’re paying to use the park, but really didn’t get much out of it as the outdoor pools open last and close first. They claimed it was due to lack of guards. Well, hire some. The place needs a little paint and attention. If they continue to remodel the other rooms as ours was done I think it will grow to be a nice hotel. Then maybe they’ll fix their pool hours. Here is a photo of one of the lonely sunny pools. ☹️