All reviewsamber's hideawayfire pitkalahari theme parkbeautiful gazebopool was heatedfavorite hotelplay groundrooms are largethis past weekpicnic areadowntown dellsping pongweekend staynoah's ark water parkclose to downtowngood sizecoffee maker
Reviewed 11 June 2017

This motel saved our vacation!! We were originally at the motel next door and it was awful. I called the owner of the Black Hawk motel and he said that their family had very recently purchased Amber's Hideaway and the All-Star. Since the Black Hawk was full and we have thoroughly enjoyed ours stays with them in the past, we went to Ambers Hideaway and were greeted with very friendly and helpful staff who helped set us up with a wonderful room! We stayed in the condo and it was extremely clean with a kitchen, living room, three tvs and a large king bedroom. There was also a bigger bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. This is a GREAT place to stay and we will certainly stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: The condo is great if you are staying for a longer time with the kitchen and extra room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We've been to Dells many times, this was our first time at Ambers. At a decent price we got a clean room with passes to Noah's Ark. We're really happy with our stay, the staff was very nice. We recommend it.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 3 June 2017

But first, thank you to Melissa, who made our stay a success.

And now...I booked a hotel on "another site" (Grr...Hotels.com)...first mistake. I said I needed a handicapped accessible room. I asked about Amber's Hideaway, and they told me it was booked. OK, so THEY didn't have any rooms left there, but the hotel wasn't sold out. We ended up at America's Best Motel, in what they called a handicapped accessible room. you couldn't turn a wheelchair around in the room. The bathroom was definitely not compliant, and too small to get my wife's brother in easily. What a nightmare. We left and went looking for a hotel. I passed Amber's, and it didn't look full. I called, and asked the young lady if they had availability, and they did. She even let me look at the room before booking. Twice as large, very handicapped accessible, and a very cute property. I booked it on the spot.
Called hotels.com, and told them I needed to cancel, as the property they suggested was not acceptable. It really was that small. How that passes as a handicapped room is beyond me. I went to the hotel, still on the phone with hotels.com. They called the hotel twice. America's Best was unwilling to refund my stay (2 night stay.) They said the manager would have to approve it, but he didn't have any standard hours. Hotels.com offered me a $30 credit for my inconvenience. This was a $188 booking I was cancelling. The hotel wouldn't budge, and neither did I. After 53 minutes, and an escalation to a supervisor, I got my refund. Something about a squeaky wheel I guess...but then the real story starts.
I went back to Amber's Hideaway, parked, and was starting to get my brother in law out of his wheelchair van. Melissa met us at the van. "Is there anything I can do to help? Can I carry something for you?" A total breath of fresh air, after the hour I had just spent on the phone, and at the hotel desk of that other place. She smiled. She welcomed us back. She asked to help. She was effervescent, and made my wife, her brother, and I feel good about being here. She saved the trip, which had gotten off to a really bad start.
The motel is adorable. It has the feel of a charming New Orleans hotel, with wrought iron railings, and the lighting fixtures, but the personality of Melissa just topped it all. It made it feel like we were home...like we were welcome.
I've been in customer service most of my 61 years, and you can't teach someone what she innately has. You have to be born with that. She is an asset that completes that motel.
That is the kind of customer service you want in a hotel. That made the trip...and this is just day one.

Room Tip: I think any room would be stellar!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BobEenig
Reviewed 30 May 2017

was going to go home, while at breakfast decided to see about another night and found this place. Colin gave a great price being a Military veteran and on Memorial Day weekend. He also gave some best places to eat which we did and was great. The manager was just as much in giving information. Rooms are nice, big, clean and comfortable. This place will be our place to stay when we go to the Dells again. Maybe next time will be able to share the room with friends to share expense.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple