See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Not worth the money at all. The only reason they can charge $80.00 for this motel is because of the location. Yes, it was clean. But it was small. No coffee in room or office. No refrigerator. No electric plug is the bathroom for a blow dryer. (Make sure you bring your own blow dryer) No kleenex, no ice machine. Old style room - old beds - old style room key, which is very in-safe.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Colonial_Motel, Owner at Colonial Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

Colonial Motel Response:

Please note that Colonial Motel is a economy friendly motel and all amenities that we offer are located on our website which could have been checked before your arrival. We have satisfied customers that have come back from more than 20 years due to the price and location.

In regards to your review, we must disagree as from the time of our check-in, we provided you with all of your requests when you came to the office. You were given Kleenex, a blow dryer to use and shown and explained at time of check-in that the ice machine is located in the office.

You were provided all additional amenities that Colonial Motel could offer, next time you visit Wisconsin Dells we would suggest that you stay at a Resort and pay Resort fees.

Colonial Motel

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I always say "All I need is a bed and no critters sharing it with me!" Not the case here. The price was great for being right down town. And the pool was a hit for all the kids with our baseball team. Although i heard the manager was none too friendly. The rooms were small with double beds crammed into them. Our room had more humidity than outdoors. Our sheets were damp.... and our luggage too. Old mattress! My husband and I had no choice but to get close... we kept rolling into one another. And he had springs poking through.Two days later and my back pain is still here. I will probably look for a different place to stay if we ever go back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carla M

Colonial Motel Response:

You as the customer understand your travel needs and the size of room required. Instead of the 2 double beds that you booked, you could have booked 2 queen beds or a variety of other choices we offer.

We must disagree that the room was "humid/damp" as we had customers stay in that room before and after your visit and there were no complaints. During your stay, it was humid outside and with you children running from the pool to the room and back, in addition, the door being open and closed, the air conditioner could not control the climate in the room. If you had an issue with the climate in the room, you could have came to the office and explained the situation. Colonial Motel Management would have been happy to adjust your air conditioner for you and take care of the issue you may have had.

Colonial Motel Managment

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Very clean and well maintained motel. Seams to be family owned with pride. No coffee in room or office. No refrigerator. When we arrived early for our discount book at Noon we found a sign on the office door stating "we'll return at 3PM". Nice size pool out front with kid friendly slide out front. Room has a microwave.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DaninMesa
Reviewed 10 June 2016

We had a nice time, the room was small, but very comfortable and clean.
Beds were good, we all slept well.
Nice pool for the kids. Very clean.
A great Ma & Pa Motel. I don't like those mega hotels all over the Dells, too many people and too much noise.

Room Tip: There was 3 of us, and room was 2 queen beds, so it was perfect. If you have more than 3-4 get one of the bigger rooms
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe N
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

This little ma and pa motel was amazing.. The staff was so sweet and so nice and the owners were outstanding... The woman owner even left an ashtray for me and my grandmother one morning because she noticed us using a cup to put them or in because we didn't want to throw them on the ground. And if we only needed towels or toilet paper we would just let them out the staff know and we would trade them out as they were making their round so they didn't even need to stop in our room but then vaccumed and left us extra cops and were just so nice. I will be returning to them in the summer with my wife for our own vacation and I can't wait. Loved it there. Thank you

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family