All reviews bunk beds wildlife park room was clean attractions within walking distance hear loud bp gas station olympus water park mt olympus front desk staff olympus tickets check in was easy park tickets free tickets received free late at night off season mini fridge and microwave
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed her 2 nights over our fall break. It's a nice, clean hotel. We stayed in a regular room with a bunk bed, which my son loved. We wanted to stay in a treehouse but they don't have a bathroom with a toilet and I didn't want to have to worry about going outside in the middle of the night. My reason for the 3 stars is that we were there during the off season. There was hardly anyone here and the hotel decided to put people side by side in their rooms instead of spreading people out. We encountered very loud neighbors at 2, 3, and you guessed it 4 o clock in the morning. They were talking very loudly, laughing, running in and out of there room slamming the doors. My husband called down to the front desk and no one picked up the phone. Even though someone is always supposed to answer. I addressed this the next morning with the front desk and the girl said we didn't have any lost calls and that she wasn't sure what happened. And that they would talk with the noisy neighbors, yet they said this the day before and on night 2, they were just as loud. I have never had something like this happen in a hotel before and I've stayed in plenty of hotels. I know the noisy neighbors is not the hotels fault, but I feel like there was more that could have been done.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Adam M, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Thank you for staying with us Lisa! We are so glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our Resort. We are sorry to hear your stay was anything but wonderful due to noisy neighbors. Our Resort was half full during your stay with us. We try to separate guests the best we can, when we are not full. We had several guests on each floor. Our security staff did address the issue immediately when you alerted us of the noise. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you visit us again! Please check out our Campground when it opens next season! Your son would love either the Cabin or Treehouse option.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

The pool and hot tub were great. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean, and the rates were GREAT!!! It is also very close to lots of bars and restaurants! We were there in the off season so the hotel seemed pretty empty and the we had the pool to ourselves most of the time!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
AdamM7208, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us Brittany! We are so glad you enjoyed our clean, quiet Resort atmosphere. Friendly, Customer Service is very important to us :) Please stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

The people were nice at the time of both check in & check out. Had no real contact with them other than that.The place was cleaned, And seems to be well kept - Be advised they share the phone # you give them for unsolicited ads for local businesses.When I asked about that they said I would have to talk to management on Monday.

Room tip: They have campground, cabin rentals as well
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for letting our family take care of your family! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in our clean, well kept Resort. We are sorry you were upset about the text we send you from Hot Rocks, which is the restaurant on property. We like to offer our guests a special Happy Hour, as well as an extra 15% for dining with us :) Thank you again for staying with us & we hope to have you back.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Although we didn’t spend much time here during the day, it was clean and decent. The only thing that bothered me was we had a joined room so we didn’t know the other people on the other side and at 1:45 am there was someone who tried to open our door and scared the daylights out of us, so we didn’t sleep well. You could here kids running above us at the late hour and early morning. Other then that it was alright.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AdamM7208, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us Amy! We are sorry to hear you had noisy neighbors. Feel free to contact the front desk staff immediately & they will do what they can to help! We are glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our Resort & we hope you visit us again :)

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Very quiet after season energy in the area. I came to Wisconsin for a festival which takes place in Reedsburg and Sauk County. The price was reasonable and only about a 20 minute drive from Reedsburg where I am attending a festival. I got to the hotel a couple of hours before official check in time of 4pm and the let me into my room. The room is clean (could be vacuumed a tiny bit better and the shower curtain was wrinkled) but definitely good for the price. My room is on the ground floor with a view of the parking lot. The black out drapes work well. I hear loud foot steps above me occasionally but not a problem so far. Front desk staff is pleasant and helpful enough. Not super friendly though. There is a dry sauna which I will use and comment on soon.

Trip type: Travelled on business
AdamM7208, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for letting our family take care of your family Stefanie! We appreciate your kind feedback & we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your early check in, as well as our reasonably priced Resort. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!