All reviews wisconsin river a river view room private balcony beautiful river walk animal park the beds were extremely comfortable bathroom area no dressers great rate stay there again hear everything room with queen beds short stay hotel is located super fun place to sleep walking distance
Reviewed 9 August 2018

When I booked my room for two nights I was under the impression that I was getting a balcony room overlooking the river. At check in I was informed that I was mistaken, I was booked into one of their patio rooms. I checked back at my booking and saw that I had been tricked by the way it was not mentioned until the final click - balcony \ patio. The patio was horrible. The gate down to the dock directly in front of our table and chairs, that were up against a set of steps my husband almost fell off ,because the outside light didn't work. We reported said light in the morning and came back to our room that night to find the light fixture gone and wires hanging out of the wall. The bathroom in our room was definitely dated and very small, with the sink out in the main room. No room to get dressed in the bathroom. With two queen beds I was happy we were not traveling with another couple.

On the good side - It seem clean, bed was comfortable, nice tv, staff friendly, and the location was great. We walked a pretty park to the downtown, boat tours, mini golf and nice restaurants.

Room Tip: I felt like I got tricked into paying more for a balcony room I didn't get. Not happy about that!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us Pamela! We enjoyed having you & your husband here with us :) We are sorry to hear your stay was anything but wonderful. We do fill up pretty fast during peak season & due to you booking a balcony/patio room last minute, we only had 1 patio room left available. It is a beautiful, quiet room with the an awesome view of the river. You even get your own table & chairs to sit at with a privacy wall full of beautiful homegrown flowers. Many of our guests love having the lower level patios all to themselves, and others prefer to be up higher. We apologize for the light that was burnt out on your patio. We appreciated so much that you let our staff know so we could fix it. Once our maintenance crew figured out it wasn't just the led bulb, we contacted a local electrician to come & fix it for us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our resort, comfy beds, tvs, location, and our top notch friendly staff. We hope you will stay with us again....book early!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

If you want a great, quiet experience with an amazing view. This is it. The view and information provided by the bar manager was an absolute joy. Stayed in the Dells several times, this is going to be my only destination when I visit.

Room Tip: the river view is worth it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Adam M, General Manager at River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us! We loved having you & your family here with us :) We appreciate your kind feedback more than you'll ever know! Tammy does such an incredible job in our Bar/Cocktail Lounge & we are so lucky to have her on our team! Please stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We wanted a quiet place away from all the madness of the waterpark hotels and this was a great choice. Easy walking distance to sights and boat tours. Free passes to Noah's Ark and Timbavati Safari Park were a nice plus. We woke every morning to a great view of the river. Plenty of space for our family. The only negatives were that Wi-fi was a bit spotty and we had trouble staying connected and there were some loud guests above us at night. Hotel sent texts to remind people to be respectful, but it was still lost on some people. Friendly bartender in the small quiet bar with nice river views. Overall, we would suggest if you are looking for a place to stay away from all the chaos.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cruesch

Thank you for staying with us! We loved having you & your family here with us :) We appreciate your kind feedback more than you'll ever know! Customer Service & Cleanliness are our #1 priorities. We are so lucky to have Tammy tending bar. She is a wonderful asset to our team! Please stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I was nervous booking the budget friendly option due to all the negative reviews, but glad I took the chance! ALL the employees were VERY nice! I wasn’t interested in a room with a view as we didn’t plan on spending much time in the room. When we got there we ended up in the duplex that sits across the street from the main hotel behind the motel (which the motel is what I thought we were going to be in). It had two rooms & a little more room than the motel rooms or hotel rooms the way it was set up. It was clean, had everything it was supposed to (mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, two counter tops besides the one the microwave & coffe pot sat on, an ironing board & iron), and it all worked as it should. Yes, I had to unplug something to plug in the coffee maker, but was a very simple thing to do. I loved that we only had one neighbor & also had our own picnic table & a patio table with chairs that had a view of the river outside our door. Housekeeping came the day after we checked in & we came back to towels being restocked & a new supply of shampoo, condition, & make up remover wipes (which was stocked when we got there also). There was 6 towels each day, which was more than any other room we visited on our trip. The outdoor pool was on this side, which was very nice & clean not to mention the nice verandas & nice patio furniture with cushions that was nice & cozy to sit on while watching the kids swim & they provide pool towels. There was also several picnic tables & 2 bbq pits for guest use with a view of the river right outside the outdoor pool area (something they don’t have on the hotel side). A big complaint I read was that you have to go across to the main hotel to get ice...it’s not like it was a 2 mile walk...it’s right across the street & right around the corner on first floor by the check in desk..I used it both days with a toddler in a stroller & was no big deal or hassle & you have an ice bucket in your room to carry it in (or do like I did if you have Little’s in tow & put it in a plastic grocery bag & hang it from the stroller & you don’t even have to carry it)....the shower head was low like some of the complaints stated, but being a family of short people this was not an issue. If you’re over 5’6” you will have to duck down a bit to rinse your hair, but it shouldn’t deter you from this room as it doesn’t take long to rinse your hair & honestly how much time does one really spend in the shower. To use the indoor pool & hot tub you do have to walk across the street, but again it’s not a far walk & we did this both nights when it got too cool outside for the outdoor pool. We did this with 3 children & again not a big deal or far walk. I’ve walked just as far or farther inside hotels to get to the pool or ice machines. I’m not sure why such low reviews other than unrealistic expectations for the price. We usually stay in 4 or 5 star gold crown fully furnished condos on vacation in resorts with many things to do onsight with all the bells & whistles, and while this is not one of those, it is a very nice hotel/motel option when hopping around from city to city and not staying in one place. I would definitely stay again and recommend to family & friends! Very nicely priced (other places with similar rates were not near as nice & didn’t have two pools to choose from), VERY nice customer service, free tickets were a nice bonus, and a very short beautiful river walk to the main drag.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us! We loved having you & your family here with us :) We appreciate your kind feedback more than you'll ever know and we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our budget friendly Motel Unit. Please stay with us again!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

River inn is our new favorite! We've stayed many places over the years, but for the value, this is the new place to beat. Staff is second to none! Everyone we interacted with was so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful regardless of the inquiry. Rooms were spacious (except for the bathrooms, which are very small) clean, well outfitted. Views from the river side rooms are perfect. The pool areas are clean, and well taken care of. Yes the elevator is a bit slow, but all in all, dont let little things ruin your trip. Nice walk to downtown.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us Kelley! We loved having you & your family here with us :) We appreciate your kind feedback more than you'll ever know! Please stay with us again!