“Getaway”
Review of River Inn

River Inn
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Great location and views of the dells and Wisconsin River. Clean and modern. Love the lobby decor. Our family enjoyed the pool and nearby River Walk. Quiet and relaxing. Staff was very friendly, and answered all our questions.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
-RiverInnFamily, Manager at River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you Pola J for your kind feedback! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are lucky to be located in such a beautiful area with the gorgeous scenery of the River & Riverwalk. We strive to give all of our guests the best hospitality around! Thank you again for letting our family take care of your family.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

My kid had a chess tournament on the Wisconsin Dells and he didn't want to to the waterpark thing at Kalahari where the tournament as being held even though the rate was discounted to $199.

I found this place on TripAdvisor out our room was $100 for a Friday night in April.

I'm pretty sure this place used to be called something else and was part of the sprawling Mount Olympus properties.

The rooms appear to be recently renovated. Nothing fancy, but comfortable rooms with a small refrigerator and microwave. The beds were tall, firm and comfortable. The bedding was fine as well.

The shower head is the perfect height if you're about 5'5". The plumbers must think that's funny.

Interior noise wasn't bad for the Dells. The rooms could use a little more soundproofing.

I was meeting a relative here and she had her own room overlooking the Wisconsin River. I think they have plans to update this place some more because she had a sliding balcony door, but no balcony. Just a protective wooden barricade.

What the hotel lacks is a lobby and place where people can socialize if the weather is bad. There is a single leather couch in the lobby.

One positive note, the place has little exterior noise and is 1/4 mile or north of downtown. There is a great walkway the winds along along the river.

A $100 a night was a fair price. I wouldn't spend more than that.

When I went to make a reservation online I was unable to make it for two rooms, so I logged in again. It wouldn't let me make a another reservation under the same name so I had to call the hotel. I called three times on a weeknight and I kept getting voicemail. I finally got a real human to reserves the second room calling the next next day.

My did complain the internet was too slow to game on so he used my Verizon wireless card instead.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you Mark H for staying with us! We appreciate your comments and we are glad you enjoyed the beautiful, peaceful river walk & scenery of the river and our newly renovated rooms with our new cozy beds. We are anxiously awaiting for the grand opening of our bar/lounge/restaurant & outdoor patio seating areas this summer, which will greatly increase our lounging areas. Due to very high call volumes, being the 1st Boutique Hotel in the Dells area, would be the only way our voice message would pick up. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you again for your feedback & staying with us at the River Inn & we hope to see you again!