“My family's favorite campground”

Holiday Shore Campground & Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Holiday Shore Campground & Resort
Reviewed 17 June 2015

It saddens me to read that some people did not have a good experience at Holiday Shores. My husband and I started camping there almost 20 years ago. We loved it then, and even more now with our 7 year old daughter.

The pool is our favorite! It's heated and clean. Our daughter prefers to play in the campground pool more than using the free Chula Vista water park passes. That's fine with us! We stay in a Guest house which is close by. So it's very convenient for when either my husband or I have to run back to get something.

I'm very grateful for the guest houses! The price can't be beat for having a roof over your head in case it rains. The only thing it's missing is it's own personal bathroom - but that's not a big deal for us. I'll take this over tenting any day!

It's not too far of a drive into Wisconsin Dells. We are never short of finding things to do!

We have never had a problem with the staff. They have always been friendly and helpful to us. Sometimes you might have to wait a little bit if the office is busy. But you get that no matter where you go.

Holiday Shores is our favorite family summer destination! I'm looking forward to coming back in July!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2015

We came to Holiday Shores with our recently acquired class A motor home. We had a beautiful campsite by the river. The kids had a blast. Loved the view we had from our site. Kids loved the store and got icecream cones each evening . We enjoyed the pool. Found the bathhouse clean and tidy and appreciated the hot showers . The boys really had fun on the blowup water fun in the river and spent a couple hours down there. They also enjoyed the arcade room . All in all we had a great time. We had a great time and the views are beautiful. No complaints here . We will be back

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bonnie C
Reviewed 1 October 2014

We stayed in a cabin and rented a golf cart over the last weekend in September. The weather was great and the Halloween trick or treating for the kids was awesome. This was a lot of great fun for both the kids and the adults.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LeeJay S
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Jul 12, 2014

This campsite is "NO HOLIDAY STAY" This family owned business should sell this business to someone who knows
how to give customer service n treat their "Guests" as such!!

Totally rude adults, at every turn n children working at this place trying to act "adult" but not having a clue how to speak to paying guests or being able to handle any kind of problem with professionalism and courtesy.!!!

This place had our reservations completely wrong n we ended up splitting our families up on two different sites..the front desk old lady started blaming my daughter for the mishap n could care less that we had proof. No apologies, no "let's see how we can make it better" nada, nothing.

There is no excuse for this kind of treatment.
Unfortunately, this wasn't
the first altercation we had with these god-awful not to be believed rude people.
We rented wave runners n these puke young kids didn't offer a check over of the things. Needless to say these puke kids looked the runner over on our return n accused my other dau of damaging the damn thing n had her wait for an adult to verify that indeed there was NO DAMAGE n the scratches were old ones..again with the mouthy rudeness!!!

Again there was an incident where my husband went to get us coffee n donuts. He asked for a carrying container for the EXTREMELY HOT COFFEE they didn't furnish any. The idiots loaded up the hot coffees n donuts on an empty 24 empty pop case bottom n not helping him open the door he spilled this hot coffee on his inside arm n ended up w a 2nd degree burn..this was the last straw. He asked for some kind of ointment n all they offered was ICE..no bandage, no apologies, NOTHING...

We planned this large family vacation for months. Getting excited n welcoming some fun n relaxation. What we got at this place was drama, stress, n nothing but mouthy rudeness n unprofessional service!!!

As business owners ourselves we value repeat business n know that GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE is the key for this. How this establishment stays in business is a mystery to all of us. We will NEVER NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE OR RETURN. To anyone thinking of booking a stay here heed our advise n stay away. Their pictures n description on the web site may look appealing but dealing with the staff there will make your entire stay frustrating to say the least n more like a nightmare of rudeness

• Stayed: July 2014
20  Thank hellholeholiday
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I am writing this review to warn other families to steer clear of camping at Holiday Shores Campground. I can honestly say that this place has the most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered in my life. It is a poorly ran family owned business who employs young ignorant children who have NO customer service skills whatsoever. Not only did I have to deal with the rude young employees but the adults employed there were no better.
It all started when we checked in. We originally reserved 3 sites (50-52) for 3 nights. But when we arrived they put us on sites 52-54 for 2 nights. When we told the blonde teenager working the front desk that we reserved sites 50-52 for 3 nights she had the nerve to tell us no we did not. After 10 mins of going back and forth with this ignorant front desk employee we ended up having to split up our party of 11 people with 2 couples staying on site 50 and the other 3 couples staying on site 34-35. To say the least we were not happy at all, but we were not going to let that ruin our family vacation. So we made the best of it and continued to our sites to set up camp.
If you are not already aware and will be pitching a tent at this sadly ran establishment you will be setting up your tent on rock size gravel not pea size gravel or grass. Several of our stakes were ruined and will need to be replaced due to this issue. One of our sites had large ant hills on it that we had to spray with OFF in hopes the bug spray would kill the ants. When we brought it to the attention of the rude front desk employee she said "well what do you want me to do about it." Dumbfounded with her answer I told her "you know what, we will take care of it." This was now the second encounter of awful customer service I had to deal with while being there for less than 2 hours.

Fast forwarding to the next morning I decided to walk to the little store they have to buy coffee. I walk in hoping that what happened yesterday with the other employee was just a fluke but I was wrong. I politely say good morning to the old woman (later I find out its the grandmother of this family run business) and she turns around glances at me holds up one finger signaling me to wait and turns back around to finish her conversation with another employee. Again, I was blown away by how rude these people were. I stood there waiting for her to finish her conversation pertaining to some displeased campers who must have stayed there the night before. After 2 minutes of listening to her bad mouth other campers I turned around and walked right out. At that point I felt so uncomfortable staying there I refused to go back to that little store for anything and I didn't. We left the property twice to grab random things we ran out of. And believe me the people at the gas station 10 miles down the road had better customer service than this place.

Jumping ahead to the third and final day we stayed there we decided to rent a pontoon boot and wave runners. The pontoon boat ride was very fun and relaxing we didn't run into any problems with the staff and actually encountered a very nice young lady named Taylor who worked at the boat rental place. She was pleasant and informative. It was a breath of fresh air to FINALLY come across someone who was nice. The young man, Kyle, who worked the boating dock was nice as well. He helped load our things on the boat and asked if we had any questions and wished us a safe trip. These two young employees had great customer service skills and the other employees especially the adults could learn a thing or two about customer service and how "Guests" should be treated.
After docking the pontoon boat I was in for yet another awful experience that sent me over the edge. Our family decided to rent 3 wave runners. We went inside and paid over $300 for an hour duration. They offered NO rental insurance which should have been a RED flag for us. When we went to load the wave runners they did not offer a walk through of the wave runners so we were not able to see if any of them had damages by pervious riders. The wave runners were waiting in the water for us ready to go. When we returned from our ride a very rude employee (the owners daughter) accused me and my husband of damaging the waver runner. We had to wait on the dock for the mechanic to come and take a look at it. In the midst of waiting for the mechanic to arrive (about 20 mins) another camper who was with his family on the huge bouncy floats that Holiday Shores provide for their campers, begins to scream for his 7 year old son who he couldn't find in the water. We all turned our attention to the man yelling for his son and the other people in the water looking for him. At this time my brother-in- law jumped in off the dock to help this man look for his son while the owners daughter and her boyfriend stood there. I was in complete shock and scared to death for this man so I turned to the owners daughter and told her she may want to be concerned because clearly there is a 7 year old boy missing in the lake!!! At that point she turns, runs up the dock and yells for her mom about the boy being missing. About 2 mins later a random camper came running down and said they found the boy, he was in the bathroom. Thank god he was safe. So I turned to my father who was standing on the dock with me and some other campers (still waiting for that mechanic to look at the wave runner we were accused of ruining) and the owners daughter started walking back towards us. This CHILD (maybe 19 years old) looks at me and says "YOU don't need to tell me how to run my business" I laughed and told her, "Clearly I did b/c you were just standing there and when a child is missing especially in the water every second counts." She then replies to me, "Well I didn't see you jump in." AND that is when I lost it on this immature, ignorant, child who has no customer service skills at all. I kept my cool for 3 days dealing with all these awful people who worked there and I had had enough. In the middle of me letting her know how disgusted I was with this place and her bad attitude the mechanic shows up. He takes a second to look at the waver runner and said NO that can't be from them…. It was a old scratch. At that point myself and the rest of the campers walked away vowing we would never return to this awful place again. It is really sad that this place is ran so horribly b/c Holiday Shores could be a great vacation spot but due to their employees and horrific customer service we will never be returning. No one should have to put up with such utter disrespect from employees when you are a paying customer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family