“Shrimp dinner ”

Red Lobster
Ranked #74 of 114 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Red Lobster is known as the foremost expert in fresh seafood. Our commitment to serving quality seafood starts long before you sit down at our restaurant. Fresh Fish, Live Lobster.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were early but still had to weight in line. Nice having a captive meals. But takes to long to get service. Moving I slow motion. The all you can eat shrimp was very good. Timing to get Salad and biscuit do not come at same time. had to wait 10 minutes for biscuits. The meal is a treat but takes 45min to get there. Bring you cash because it not cheep.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 11 November 2018

I was traveling on business and looking for a nice hot meal. I decided on Red Lobster in Wauwatosa, WI. BIG MISTAKE! I get there and there are several people at the bar and only one employee working behind the bar. He is the barback, waiter, drink maker for the entire restaurant and food runner. There are three hostess associates at the front podium and nobody is helping him. Managers are nowhere to be found and avoided the bar area like it was the plague probably afraid of what they would hear from customers. It took me over 30 minutes just to get a water. Another 45 minutes for my salad and bread but wait they brought my food out saw that I did not get my salad and bread and sat my food across the bar from me by the register. I got to sit and watch my food get cold. I was thinking I hope they are smart enough not to set cold food in front of me. Boy was I wrong but I had to eat it because I did not think I would ever get more food the rate things were going. Finally a person who looked like a manager came over and I stopped him. He immediately said I need to go get another manager as I am in training. The other manager came over and I explained my case. He had seen my food sitting at the register as well for a very long time He went on to say they did not have good help and it is hard to find people. I asked him if he was the manager and he said yes. My response being in executive management was first of all that is your fault. It is the managers responsibility to hire good talent and train and develop people. I said this is not a bad employee problem this is a bad management problem. Management scheduled the restaurant. The hostess could have helped run food as two were standing there doing nothing and could have been getting people water. I mean anyone can do that right? I travel on the road 280 days a year and I eat in restaurants three times a day and this is the first time I have ever complained (TRUST ME ON THAT). This was an absolute pathetic experience. I eat a lot at the Red Lobster in Maple Grove MN and let me tell you the managers there know how to run the floor and ensure guests are taken care of. When the going gets tough this particular manager on duty that evening sure did not roll up his sleeves like a good manager should and help his staff. I told the manager if I wanted a three hour tour I would have happily went to Gilligan's Island. This experience was an absolute gong show to say the least.

Date of visit: November 2018
ClawdeL, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, 272chadh. We’re sorry to learn about your bad experience at our Wauwatosa restaurant and we’d like to follow with you. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00AM to 1:00PM, and 2:00PM to 5:00PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Great experience here!! Food and service was great. Portion size was also good. Clean, well organized.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Don't waste your time. The food was very dry, the drinks were watered down. Fox and hound is a lot better for the same price

Date of visit: October 2018
ClawdeL, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hi, Brenda L. We're troubled to hear this and we'd like to learn more. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00AM to 1:00PM, and 2:00PM to 5:00PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience? Thank you!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

On 9/29 my friend and I went to this restaurant for dinner. I met her there at 7pm was told we would wait for 30 minutes. We were not seated until 8:30pm. The entire back part of the store had several tables and booths open, the entire back area had not customers, we watched 3 booths remain uncle and for 30mins. All while they skipped over all small groups and only sat large parties.

While waiting to be seated I was able to see the kitchen floors was discussing, there was food and trash everywhere (yuck). Not to mention after we finally sat got served I went to the ladies room, it was extremely unkept, there was only 2 stalls with bathroom tissue , and he garbage was overflowing into the floor. I then saw the hostess who sat us use he ladies room and not wash her hands as she left and my server used a stall with no tissue.

This was a horrible experience, I keep giving this restaurant a chance and everyone I go it keeps getting worse. This use to be my favorite restaurants and now I hate this place.

Ridiculous!!!

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!