“Amazing Doughnuts”

Holey Moley Coffee + Doughnuts
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Wauwatosa
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Scratch-made doughnuts using whole, quality ingredients. Paired with local coffee and espresso drinks, enjoy a wide selection of styles including cake, raised, filled, fritters, doughnut holes as well as vegan and gluten-friendly options. We open at 6:30 AM every morning and close at 1:00 PM, or until we sell out of doughnuts. Daily offerings posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I am so surprised to see the reviews on here. I tried Holey Moley for the first time several days ago on a trip to Milwaukee. I have eaten doughnuts all over the place and I thought these were some of the best.

If you want chocolate with sprinkles, go to your local chain doughnut shop. If you are looking for inventive flavors and unique combinations, give this place a shot. The Baby Spice Cake and Passionfruit were my favorites! They have a lot of cake doughnuts, but also have yeast, sour cream old fashioneds, and fritters.

Sure, they are pricier than other doughnuts, but aren't stale yeast doughnuts shipped from a factory: they are specialty doughnuts. Vegans can happily find many options here!

Tip: If you have your heart set on certain flavors, order online prior to 3PM the day before and just stop in to pick them up.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Had a variety of donuts from Holey Moley on Burleigh in Wauwatosa. Maybe I've just been really, really lucky with fresh donuts from other places, but overall the donuts were good but not great, especially given the price.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

First, the donuts were delicious! And they had a pretty good selection even though it was later in the day. However, the extremely poor customer service makes me never want to go back. It felt like we were interrupting their day when we came in. The guy was nice enough but the girl seemed perpetually irritated by having to do her job. We got sassy responses and eye rolling from her, it was incredibly rude and off-putting. I’ve worked in customer service my whole life, so I get it, there are always bad days. This was absolutely unnecessary though and I unfortunately won’t be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We finally went to check out the donuts. It is a tiny store - they had 10 flavors the Sunday morning we stopped in. I think maybe more? A tiny area for sitting to drink coffee & eat your donut. We took ours to go - they must have run out of bags so they offered us a box for our 2 donuts. Maybe more people eat them there or outside.

The apple fritter was huge - it didn't have the nasty aftertaste or greasy taste I've had at other donut shops. It had good flavor! I really haven't found a decent apple fritter in many years. My friend had a maple pecan creme donut - I tried a bite it was very good.

The donuts might be considered a tad pricey to some but I didn't think it was bad since they tasted so good. Not a place I would go to every day or even every week but I know some who do.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We visited and asked if they knew if their products had soy and none of the employees there had a clue and website had no information. So I sent an email to see for future reference and hope for better service. Edith's reply. "We do train our counter staff to advise anyone with allergies not eat our doughnuts." Clearly they do not want my business and I am okay with that. I do no want to support a business that discriminates people with allergies. Most people without allergies understand how annoying it is when places are like we don't care go eat somewhere else. That's the service you can expect here and Edith being a manger clearly manages that way.

Date of visit: June 2017
3  Thank juryduty21
JoeSorge, Owner at Holey Moley Coffee + Doughnuts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi Jerry,

I wanted to go ahead and share the full body of our emails so that any future guest might see that food safety was and is our highest concern regardless of anyone's allergies.

"So sorry about that! We do train our counter staff to advise anyone with allergies not eat our doughnuts, since they are made in a bakery where cross-contamination is possible.

However, to answer your question: there is soy only in our vegan doughnuts. But please be aware of the risk of soy sneaking into the flour and other ingredients we use for all of our doughnuts"

I understand you not being entirely satisfied with your experience, but please don't attempt to mate it appear as if we don't care about each of our guests safety first.