“Love El Mezcal!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We stop at El Mezcal whenever we come through Wausau. This time. we came in as part of a 16 member group. Our server, Maria, delivered a top-notch experience - friendly, responsive, speedy, and checked back at regular intervals to see if any of us needed anything. Everyone was happy and that's not a trivial accomplishment!

The guy from Veracruz who brought our plates was simply amazing with how many plates he can carry on his arm!

The food is tasty and portion size more than ample. Love the fajitas Jalisco and any of the shrimp dishes - camerones ala diabla is my fave! The complimentary shot of Mezcal con guisano at the cash register is a brilliant touch!

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I've been to El Mezcal a few times now and I am never disappointed. The restaurant has an authentic Mexican design and the staff and servers are always friendly and prompt. The food is wonderful!! Large portions with very reasonable prices. I always make it a point to stop, when in town. Give it a try!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Great tasting Mexican, priced right and the portions are huge. I had the chicken fajita's, yummy! I think I got 3 meals out of the portion.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

The menu is huge and has a great selection for even children. When we are trying to decide where to go this is the first place our 8 year old suggests which she has been doing since she was 3. The fajita nachos are one of my favorites, but explore other options as well. The staff is great and very attentive! Great food, service, atmosphere, and price!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

We regularly dine at El Mezcal, a favorite for their expansive menu, outstanding service, and terrific value. Though the place is often hopping, service never seems to slow in this very dynamic restaurant.

Sit back with a blended margarita and their fresh chips/salsa as you peruse the menu. House made queso dip is always a winner, with several entrees smothered in its gooey richness that are definitely worth a try. We love the jimador chicken and steak burrito especial.

Been to El Mezcal? Share your experiences!