“I'll just call and talk to the owner”

Wausau Mine Company
Ranked #8 of 170 Restaurants in Wausau
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Wausau Mine Company, our promise to you, our valued customer, is that we serve the best product in a friendly manner to ensure you are satisfied! Whether you order a ravioli, fettuccine, prime rib, soup or anything else on our menu, you can be assured it will be prepared from scratch, the way you would make it at home! In keeping with our policy of freshness and quality, we also offer a variety of heart healthy choices. We have very mouthwatering salads made with fresh spring mix or an ice berg mix. We also have grilled chicken and a baked cod. In our new venture we have added some delicious deep fried items, such as potato timbers, buffalo chicken strips, cheese curds and the list goes on. We are hoping to please just about everyone's palate!
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

FOOD GREAT...tonight. My burger couldn't have been better!
Table service EXCEPTIONAL! Ashley was well beyond a GREAT server/ wait person, etc.
Bar service...weak...VERY VERY weak.

Dan W, Owner at Wausau Mine Company, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good visit overall. However, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, Broncos16. Please don't hesitate to call the restaurant if you would like share more information. We will do our best to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

If you are looking for pizza, they have some of the best pizza's you'll find. That's not to take away from their mouth watering sandwiches or other Italian specialties.

Thank you for giving us a great review and for recommending our restaurant to others. I'm sure our entire restaurant staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your visit. Take care, Todd!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I have to say.....it didn't blow my doors off or anything, but it was just good eats! I'd be back in a second, but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to do it!

Dan W, Owner at Wausau Mine Company, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us! I hope your next visit is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with, EDogg.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on our way home from Wausau. Wausau Mine appears to be well rated aside from the service (which was actually the best part of our visit...our waitress was very nice). I ordered what is listed on the menu as French Onion Soup. It is not. I had to hunt through the celery to find any onions and it was topped off with AMERICAN processed cheese. It was absolutely disgusting.
If you're going to screw up something so simple, at least put an accurate description of your soup on the menu. Nowhere does it state celery or American cheese on the menu description.
Our waitress asked the kitchen if the cheese was a mistake and the reply to her was that it was "Swiss American", which by the way is pretty much just the same sliced processed yellow junk...just white.

Dan W, Owner at Wausau Mine Company, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback, Ellemarie23. I am very sorry to hear that your food quality was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I stopped for a fish fry. Deep fried cod was very good. $2 old fashions as well. Very tasty meal, unique decor and restaurant. Cole slaw was not the best. I would recommend to stop in for a great fish fry and reasonable prices.

Dan W, Owner at Wausau Mine Company, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thanks for sharing your review with us, Jennyborchardt. We appreciate your kind words, and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal! Hope to see you in again soon.

Been to Wausau Mine Company? Share your experiences!