“Great Pizza in a Great Atmosphere”

Wausau Mine Company
Ranked #7 of 164 Restaurants in Wausau
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Love the cheesy pizza. Unique atmosphere. The location is a bit out of the way for me, but it is worth the trip to get the pizza now and then.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Stopped in for a burger at lunchtime, and it was delicious! Though the room was dark at first, they "upped" the lighting after a while which made it much better. Would've gotten 5 stars, but we had to ask for refills on our drinks, and there were no napkin dispensers on the table - a greasy burger calls for extra napkins! (it was a good thing!). Would stop again for sure.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Family friendly with great food, just get there early or try to make reservations. It gets really busy at dinner time because it is good. There is something on the menu for everyone even if you don't want pizza, which is delicious or go for the Italian Fries, yum.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This was the first time I have been here. We found it on TripAdvisor after we did the fall ride at Rib Mountain. It wasn't very busy as it was 3:00pm on Sunday so we got seated right away and out server came to greet us. He was training and did good, just could of smiled more. We got the Italian cheese fries and they were amazing!! Most places use a thin crust and they use a thicker crust that I really enjoyed. I got the Mac and Cheese Popcorn Chicken and Bacon drizzled with ranch, it was good but seemed like box mac and chz. I still enjoyed it though. My husband got the Ravioli with mixed sauce, and he said the same thing, just good, not amazing I need to come back to have it again.
The decor was really cool and they did have a full bar with $3 Bloody Mary's on Sunday! Bathrooms are clean and the rest of the staff was very friendly too! We will be back when we are in the area to try other things on the menu.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Wife and I were told this was a good place to eat. When in Wausau we stopped in at the Wausau Mine Company for supper. A different style interior which was fun to be a part of. The food was very good and very friendly servers. We recommend to stop in next time you visit Wausau.

Been to Wausau Mine Company? Share your experiences!