“Sunday afternoon”

Ranked #7 of 164 Restaurants in Wausau
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This was the first time I have been here. We found it on TripAdvisor after we did the fall ride at Rib Mountain. It wasn't very busy as it was 3:00pm on Sunday so we got seated right away and out server came to greet us. He was training and did good, just could of smiled more. We got the Italian cheese fries and they were amazing!! Most places use a thin crust and they use a thicker crust that I really enjoyed. I got the Mac and Cheese Popcorn Chicken and Bacon drizzled with ranch, it was good but seemed like box mac and chz. I still enjoyed it though. My husband got the Ravioli with mixed sauce, and he said the same thing, just good, not amazing I need to come back to have it again.
The decor was really cool and they did have a full bar with $3 Bloody Mary's on Sunday! Bathrooms are clean and the rest of the staff was very friendly too! We will be back when we are in the area to try other things on the menu.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Wife and I were told this was a good place to eat. When in Wausau we stopped in at the Wausau Mine Company for supper. A different style interior which was fun to be a part of. The food was very good and very friendly servers. We recommend to stop in next time you visit Wausau.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Very interesting experience. Looks like you are eating inside a coal mine. Food was very good and reasonable.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

The decor of the restaurant is very unique. It looks like an old mine and the tables are set in the "mine". It was very fun and the steak was delicious. My only negative is the Italian Fries. It doesn't say what they are but has this big write up saying how they are the specialty. We order a small order and it just breadsticks covered in thick cheese with marinara sauce to dip it in. Very misleading.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

This place looked amazing. Wait staff was not so great. Food was basic or average cafeteria style food. Nothing to rave about. Ordered chili which was bland, and a bbq pulled pork sandwhich. The sandwich was not fresh and just that it was warm had to ask for BBQ sauce as it had very little amount.

Been to Wausau Mine Company? Share your experiences!