“great Thai and asian food”

Sawadee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 165 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Had lunch at Sawadee on a Thursday. Very nice variety on the menu to select from for Thai and asian selections. Food was delicious. I liked the red curry hot shrimp thai dish. Nice and spicy. Husband had Happy Family, a large dish with seafood and vegetables. The shrimp and scallops were especially good. Dishes were nicely presented and vegetables were warm and not overcooked. Some days they have a buffet but we were not there the day that is offered. We saw they also had bento box lunches on some days. Plenty of food, had to take home the extra. Good service. Noticed that they had people doing take-out also while we were there. We had not been there for a couple of years and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food and the menu selections. They have a variety of sauces on the table you can add to your dish such as hot sauce and fish sauce. Will go back.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I love that cabbage soup is complimentary with all meals. Their menu is plentiful, and you're sure to find a few favorites.

I love when I get the chance to stop on a Monday for their amazing buffet. They offer a pepper chicken that isn't on the menu, and it's to die for.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

It's not the nicest place to eat at but they do have good food. My only concern is the cleanness. It's very poor, I know for my safety I probably shouldn't eat here but I do have a few favorite dishes that I can get else where. Just bring some wet wipes to wash off the sauces bottles and don't use the bathroom. Good luck!

Reviewed 7 May 2016

We ordered 5 different dishes and all 5 were fantastic! Nothing was overly spicy. We will go back and try many more things on the menu!

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Not much to look at from outside but who really cares as long as food is great, staff is friendly and courteous - and it is and they are.

If you like Thai food you will enjoy this place.