“Always a safe bet for Italian”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #25 of 165 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Olive Garden although a franchise is a safe bet for Italian cuisine. They constantly add new menu options. When the waitress brought out my Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo, she asked me to check the steak. I'd ordered it cooked to "medium". It was over done, so she had me plate the steak only & she took it back. In a few minutes she returned not only with fresh steak but the whole dish again! What great service! We had two more meals & I even gave some to my cousin.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate there this last Sunday. I ordered the steak and gargonzola cheese fettuccine. I ordered my steak medium. When waitress brought my meal she asked me to try the steak to make sure it was prepared properly. I cut into the first piece and it was very well done instead of medium. She apologized and said she could have the meal redone but I told her it was o.k. and still good. About 5 minutes later the manager visited with me and apologized again for the way my meat was prepared. I again told her that it was not a problem and it still tasted just fine. She then informed me that my entire meal was on her. This was way beyond taking care of a customer. My wife and I then ordered a dessert to share and were not charged for this either. I will always remember how well I was treated and will definitely return again many times. Hats off to this waitress and manager for a job WELL DONE!!!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We live in a town approximately 45 minutes from here and we come here often. It is one of our favorite places to have dinner... and we always take our deserts home because we are always so full from our meal! The staff is always very pleasant and never a problem, until tonight. Our waiter was not accommodating to us. He seemed to ignore us as if he didn't have the time for us. We waited long for our drinks and waited even longer for our soup. He asked if we'd like parmesan for our soups and we said yes and he then told us he'd return as he walked over to another table and catered to them. We had our soups about half gone and getting cold before he returned. He said he'd be back with the bread sticks as we observed other tables receiving theirs but not us. When he finally came back to us he asked if there is anything we needed, so we reminded him about the breadsticks as we still haven't received or meals. and he replied that he hasn't even been back to the kitchen and he'd go check...several minutes later we received them. Now all we have are breadsticks and he has now vanished and still never received our meals. We had been there for a hour and now considering walking out. We could not believe the type of service we were receiving here. I then noticed a woman dressed in a black uniform walking in the direction of our table. She stopped by us, looked at us and asked us what was going on. I proceeded to tell her about the hour we have had and asked her if she was the manager and she said that she was. I asked her for her name and she told us that it was Dakota. We thought what a great name! Our Son, who was with us, also has the same name! Dakota was very compassionate for us and she accommodated us greatly! We very much appreciate her kindness! There should be more managers in these types of facilities like Dakota. Every time we are at this restaurant we always notice that she is on the dining room floor over seeing everything and has asked us on other visits how everything is. I need to say that the owners of this fine restaurant are in good hands with Dakota as a manager! We will continue to eat at this restaurant and we thank you very much Dakota, we appreciate your kindness!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We went for the early special but because of the wait we missed it. We were told we had about a ten minute wait which ended up being closer to thirty minutes. I asked the hostess why the long wait when they were not busy, she said it was the weather. I asked our server the same question and she said they were short handed that evening. At least she was honest.
Our order was taken and food promptly served. The waitress, Kelsea, turned a bad start into a fine evening. The food and service given was good, thank you!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I've always enjoyed eating at Olive Garden however my last two visits have been such a disappointment. Not only had the food taken a turn for the worst but twice now I've been seated and flies have lurked. Not a comfortable feeling when you're eating and your mind begins to wonder how clean the kitchen might actually be.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!