“Great Wisconsin Friday Night Fish Fry”

WOW Family Entertainment Center
Ranked #25 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Description: We invite you to our total Family Entertainment Center, redemption arcade games , multi level 6,000 square foot laser tag arena, waterfront & inside dining, private rooms for parties & events. The riverside patio will offer great views any time of the year. Relax next to our above ground fire pits. We are located on the riverside walking trail with a beautiful view of the Wisconsin River with docking for kayaks and boats.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

First time at WOW. Now I know why it is called WOW. It is the first thing said when you walk in. Friday's menu has a great selection of fish/seafood along with sides. Try to make it for Happy Hour. $1.50 off drinks. Regular menu has nice variety of selections. Our friends we were with said the hamburger is "to die for." The outdoor dining is very nice. Great service. Prices are $$. Good tap beer selection if they can keep their taps going. WE did not try the game room. Next time.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

A friend recommended this place to us. We had a little trouble finding it as we were not familiar with Wausau. Once there we enjoyed a good casual meal. The servings were large and we had to get to go boxes. Our server was very friendly and provided great service The arcade was a plus.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I'm only going to comment on the restaurant as I didn't experience the entertainment side first-hand. To begin, the view was beautiful! They have large windows overlooking the river. If it hadn't been raining, I might have sat outside and I don't normally side outside no matter the weather. We got there before it became super busy. Our server, Alan, was awesome! He made sure we had everything we needed. Our first appetizer took a little time, but after that the second appetizer came quickly as did the pizza. The prices were reasonable. I didn't give it five stars as the menu selection seemed limited. I didn't see any vegan, vegetarian or gluten-free options. Even after the restaurant got busy, our server was on top of his tables. It wasn't too loud, so you could enjoy conversation with your table mates. They had plenty of space for large crowds too. The happy hour specials were good.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Right alongside the river with great outdoor seating and delicious food choices, the atmosphere is one to enjoy! Inside, sit at the bar and watch your favorite sports games, join the kids in the excitement in the arcade of games or a round of laser tag. Located along a foot path for hiking along the river, Kayak down river or drive down from the 400 block after a concert on the square!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I have never reviewed a restaurant before but I just had to discuss this one on my wife's account BECAUSE IT WAS JUST THAT HORRIBLE!!! We got there and sat down on the patio only to be told by a waitress that I had to go and check in with the bartender first. We ordered food and wine and was brought someone elses food. When we did finally get our food we had no utensils, was anyone to be found....nooooo....so we literally had to go to the waitress station and get our own. We then asked for another glass of wine, what were we brought...the cheque!! What a disgrace!

1  Thank April S
Nikki G, Manager at WOW Family Entertainment Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi April S - we are very sorry about your visit to WOW and the service issue you experienced. I would like to discuss your night further more and figure out who your server was and what night you stopped down if you could PLEASE email info.playwow@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.