All reviews screened in porch crystal river canopy room wonderful hosts the main house state park private entrance hartman creek queen bed peaceful retreat whirlpool tub the barn homemade cookies made us feel at home return next year several years bed and breakfast
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Paul and Shayna are lovely hosts. They sorted us out with home-made shampoo and toothpaste (when we'd forgotten them!), and directions around the quaint micro-village of Rural. We stayed in Lucy's Room, which had a really comfortable bed and a pretty view of the wildflowers outside. Delicious breakfast of sausages, eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon bread and fresh fruit. And Paul gave us some apples from their apple tree for the road! A really nice stop-over on our way up north.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I was having a very difficult time finding a place to stay. I reached out to Crystal River Inn B&B and spoke with Paul (one of the owners). He was extremely helpful and very accommodating to my last minute request for a place to stay. He know that I would be getting in late so he made it a point to reach out to me and make sure I could find the cabin we were staying in in the dark. We stayed in The Garden Suite of the Little House on the Prairie home. This was an amazing little suite. It had a sitting room with TV and DVD player as well as games. There is a screened in porch which proved to be very nice with all of the mosquitoes they have flying around. There is a full kitchen as well as a room with a queen bed and bathroom... Then there is a loft with two twin beds. The air conditioning worked great! This is a very quiet private location which was wonderful. I was barely there so I didn't get to explore much but the property has a lot of little hidden areas for you to sit in and walking trails as well as a cool river running through it. The breakfast in the main house was excellent. Great dining room with very freshly made food.

I plan on making it a point to come back to this B&B when I have more time to relax and enjoy it. Thank you Paul and Shayna for a great experience. Oh yeah, it was my parents first ever experience at staying at a Bed and Breakfast... They are looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dane M
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Paul and Shayna are wonderful owners! They are so nice, warming, and accommodating. They made amazing breakfast! The tour of the grounds were nice and the views were beautiful. We got a tour of the different cabins and the feel for each one was different. It was quiet and relaxing. We did a guy’s weekend away from the city and Crystal River Inn was perfect. There was 7 of us. We stayed in the Granery cabin. We had a bonfire on the grounds. And the view at night of the stars were just gorgeous. We went tubing down the Crystal driver and spent a day at the beach. It was an amazing time and I can't wait to do it again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

just got back from an amazing weekend with some friends at the Crystal River Inn. The grounds are beautiful and have a rustic feel. Shayna and Paul, who run the inn, gave us a tour so we got to see all the beautiful rooms and cabins. We stayed in the Granery cabin, which was absolutely perfect for us. The breakfast was delicious and we were told that they try to make everything organic.

For activities, we went tubing down the crystal river which was a blast and then we spent the day at the beach. We also had a bonfire back at the inn. I’ve never stayed at a B&B before and it was so much better than any hotel I’ve ever been to.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brandon S
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This historical farm B&B is a great place to rejuvenate. The B&B is right on the river itself so take off your shoes and enjoy walking in the cool water! The new hosts were gracious and very accommodating to their guests and reinforce the relaxing atmosphere. Breakfasts were very good with a starter and fresh oj, then quiche and a breakfast burrito on respective mornings. Located in the small historical town of Rural, WI a quiet stroll will take you a few blocks through some of the most beautiful Crystal River properties.

Stayed: June 2018