“Wonderful AND reasonable sushi!!!”
Review of Meiji Restaurant

Meiji Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 202 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Just a nice place to stop for some top notch sushi. They also have Hibachi dining if you're into that. Both food and service is sure to not disappoint!!!

1  Thank suluvskev

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I like this place. The salad is just lettuce (romaine mix?) but the dressing is AMAZING.
Had the steak, girlfriend had the shrimp and chicken. The menu is a little confusing and we arrived much later than the first to arrive at the hibachi table so we were a little hurried (5 minutes should be enough but I hadnt been here in a long time, we still had at least 10 minutes and ordered a drink first). They forgot the kid's drink but brought it out immediately when reminding them. No water (not enough room on hibachi table? I dont remember not getting water before. Nobody had any on any table but they all ordered drinks too). The couple next to us raved about the chef and had seen him many times, and tip him directly. A huge Sapporo beer is 7.50, not bad. The kids marble-bottle drink was $6 or so, not great. My dinner was $22 and I wish I had the miso soup, but this dinner came with mushroom soup. I hate mushrooms, yet this was still good.

This place tries HARD but the staff seems like they are fake acting for your approval. I speak a few words of Chinese and heard a girl talking about something she shouldnt be. Maybe it was just MY perception, and I know how hard it is to be nice to strangers all the time, and it WAS Saturday so maybe...I still hate to sound like I'm complaining, but I'm not. I just get this strange feel that they know they are the only Hibachi place in town (I think for quite a few miles) and maybe they dont strive to be the best. I dont know. It's a weird vibe. Everyone is nice, friendly, the food is great, not badly priced, but something is "off" just a little and I dont know what it is.

I will still be back, and have come here many times already. I wont let my less-than-perfect rating affect my frequency coming here. I'll be back soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Meiji has some of the finest Asian food in the area. I met an associate for lunch and was amazed that I could get a perfect size sushi lunch and even a Sapporo at a very reasonable price. Tell your friends, but DO NOT tell my wife about the Sapporo.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

The service here is really bad, depends on the waiter/waitress total hit or miss. Water does not get refilled, need to keep asking. Waitress does not check back on any needs. Rude/impolite responses to questions.

Food here is ok but the service makes the overall experience a bad one.

1  Thank S B
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We were one of 2 tables at the time. Very attentive staff. I ordered a steak that was $15-20 & ended up w a petite filet. Kind of pricey for portion size. It was good, but pricey. They do have specials that are more reasonable though. I’d go back for the special.