“Our first visit was a pleasant experience ”
Review of Meiji Restaurant

Meiji Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 192 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We'd been wanting to try this Asian restaurant on a Monday or Tuesday because we heard there are reduced prices.
The restaurant offers a special menu for M/T, along with the regular menu, and it was a but overwhelming for newbies!
Tried several different rolls, all from the reduced-priced menu. The smaller, typical rolls, like the Philadelphia Roll ($3), were good, though not exceptional. But we shared a Snow Mountain Roll, with crab and shrimp ($11, normally $15), and it was excellent ! Next time, we'd go right to the more expensive selections!
Our server was very attentive and pleasant, though we had some trouble understanding her (☺️).
We'll return on a Monday or Tuesday. It was a popular spot.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We have been here several times and have always received good and fast service, we had dinner there last night received the check and paid the bill. I have never been known to be a great tipper but I left a fair tip. We left the restaurant and were then chased down in the parking lot by our waitress saying "you no like my service?" and pointing to the tip chart at the bottom of the bill wanting us to add money to the tip to reach a 15% tip. We then 'added' money to the tip after feeling very insulted, embarrassed and annoyed. We felt as though it was very inappropriate. I am a foodie and go out to eat alot but have never had this happen to me where a waitress chases me down in the parking lot to increase her tip. Food is usually very good but we may have to find a new sushi place.

3  Thank Vickie K
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Can't wait to go back again and try more things. Loved the food, presentation and service. We didn't do the hibachi grill so I can't review that but the sushi was delicious

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Thought we were going for a nice dinner to Meiji as we had heard about it. The waitress was rushing us while taking the order, never checked back on us and handed us the check even without checking if we need anything else.

The food was also just ok and nothing spectacular that we will go back.

Overall not a good experience dining here.

1  Thank vishyaroon
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I love their food. The sushi is nice and fresh. The Hibachi steak was amazing. It's nice that this place is open past 10pm on weekends. The scorpion bowl was totally worth the price.

Been to Meiji Restaurant? Share your experiences!