“Favorite Local Sushi”

Sakura Japan Sushi & Grill
Ranked #28 of 192 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I have been regulars at this fantastic sushi restaurant for over 8 years now. The restaurant is romantic and quiet, usually always able to accommodate you a table when you arrive. The sushi is excellent, in particular their special rolls such as their anniversary rolls are quick delicious. While their menu is ample, if you are interested in trying something new, the sushi chef is always willing to experiment with you, especially if you get to know him. Wonderful place, highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We came here with relatively low expectations but we were pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong. The sushi was great. We split a sashimi platter, blue fin nigiri, and a bottle of hot sake. The meal started with a hot towel which was a nice touch. A nice salad with a ginger dressing followed before the meal came out. When the sushi came out the presentation of the food on the plate wasn't very fancy compared to other sushi restaurants, but the quality of the fish more than made up for it. We were both delighted and would love to visit Sakura again in the future and try more of their sushi. Over all excellent quality food. Prices were a little higher than I would expect.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I went to Carroll College (now University back in the '90s, and the one thing we didn't have in Waukesha was sushi. When I go back for a visit, I stop at Sakura for the special maki rolls. My favorite is the tiger roll, which is just filling enough but also not bloating. It has a good combination of fresh and fried. Also, the rainbow roll is very good. The service and decor are good, and I .got my meals relatively quick. I would recommend this to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Delicious food. Nice ambiance. Excellent service. We ordered the Friday fish fry--- panko breaded and lightly fried. Sushi was a great appetizer.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

My husband and I arrived at the restaurant a little after 5pm on a Saturday. There were maybe 5 other tables with customers. We were seated right away but from that point on the experience kept going down hill. The primary waitress greeted us but seemed very rushed and not really listening to us. This was evident when she came back moments later asking us to confirm our order. Approximately 10 minutes later another secondary waitress brought us our soup and salads. Both were ordinary. The secondary waitress came and picked up our empty plates and there we sat. It was now starting on 6pm and no one checked to see if we needed anything else nor did we get our entrees. The secondary waitress finally came to our table to drop off some salads. We advised her that she already served our salads and we are waiting for our entrees. She seemed very confused and as if she has never worked in a restaurant before. Now heading on 6:15pm and the secondary waitress comes by to give us our check. We hadn't even eaten yet. She went away confused again. Finally the primary waitress came by asking if we wanted another drink. We told her we have been waiting a long time for just sushi rolls and had a movie we need to leave soon to catch. After everything was said and done it took us over an hour for us to get 4 sushi rolls and have horrible service in-between. Not impressed at all.

1  Thank Tinade41