See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Donna and Mike were fantastic! They both went above and beyond for us during our stay. Donna even washed and folded our riding clothes for us. Such a friendly couple and a beautiful bed and breakfast. I highly recommend staying here and enjoy all the different chai's.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2016

My wife and I just spent our 31st wedding anniversary in the Honeymoon Suite. What a pleasure it was to have such a beautiful and peaceful place to come back to after an enjoyable day of hiking and exploration in the area. This B&B was located just right for my wife and I to jump in our truck (yes, thank goodness we brought the truck… but more about that later) and get out to find and explore the various waterfalls and natural wonders in the area. The hosts, Mike and Donna, could not have been any more friendly and gracious, catering to our every need throughout our stay including setting up wonderful dinner reservation for my wife and I down at the Bistro close by for a very romantic peaceful dinner. If you are looking for somewhere to get away from it all, be it for a week or only a few days, and to be pampered to your full delight with no worries or cares, this place should definitely be on your short list! And I haven’t even begun to talk about the house!!! What a beautifully built, restored and taken care of mansion! With each and every room (I can’t even begin to think which I liked the best) impeccably decorated and set up in a way to maximize the B&B experience to its fullest. And all of the beautifully restored woodwork… All I can say is Wow! You can tell that Mike and Donna have truly showed this place some love over the years. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.
Now on to the exploration… and that truck reference above… Not having been to this neck of the woods before we didn’t really know what to expect especially being the early spring and off season. No problems whatsoever getting to and from the Crystal Bell as it is nicely located on good roads just on the edge of Wabeno just north of Cathedral Pines and west of several parks with waterfalls, but finding those pesky waterfalls… yep, get yourself a good map and keep your eyes open for the signs and understand that at this time of year there may be a few roads that ended up being not in optimal condition… but that just added to the adventure and we got some wonderful hikes in! Long story short, we learned a long time ago that if you let stormy weather, or in this case muddy roads, slow you down and make your decisions for you… you just aren’t living life to its fullest; and the Crystal Bell is most definitely a wonderful stepping off point! Yep, only home for a few days and my wife and I are already talking about going back...

Room Tip: The additional private space to relax on a cool evening in front of your own private fireplace makes the Honeymoon suite your choice here.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2016

stayed here for bf's birthday. Really neat unique place. The owners are SUPER awesome! Beautiful place. Great area!f Great price! The owners gave us recommendations for places to eat-which was really good food!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Can't say enough about my time at the Crystal Bell!! Mike & Donna are so welcoming and assure that you have everything you need. Breakfast is always delicious! Their home is clean and warm. I visit as part of a weekend crafting group - not only do I get some projects done, but I can relax and get pampered too! Mike & Donna are truly the epitomy of the perfect hosts!!!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2015

We stayed here for the first time in December. It is a very beautiful old lumber baron mansion that has been fully restored to the glory days of that period plus some modern conveniences. Many of the fixtures are original. Our tour of the home by Mike was very interesting. All of the rooms are impeccable and spotless. The whole place was decorated for Christmas (we even had a tree in our room) which added to the luster and appeal of the old house. We stayed in the burgundy room and it has a very comfortable king memory foam type mattress which was very luxurious. The old wood floors creak which is so neat! The entire B&B will sleep 16 and the 4th floor or ballroom is used almost every weekend for scrap booking or other crafting activities which is neat. We were welcomed by Mike with warm chocolate chip cookies and there was always fresh popcorn available in the ballroom. There are 6 bathrooms total but they are shared which is slightly inconvenient, however they were immaculate for cleanliness. There is no wi-fi or TV's in each room which could be a disadvantage. Breakfast was egg and cheese croissants, grapes, strawberry shortcake and almost any beverage you could ask for. It was good but nothing over the top. Overall, the atmosphere was peaceful and relaxing and we would consider coming back. The place is currently for sale so hopefully it is bought by owners with the same attention to detail.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple