“Superb hosts and wonderful inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wabeno
Crystal Bell Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wabeno B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2014

From the moment we walked in, to the moment we left, hosts, Donna and Mike welcomed us into eir home. They live in it, are proud of it, and give you reasons to enjoy it. This inn, in the Wisconsin Northwoods, has a stunning presence from the road, and is even better inside. It has a massive floor plan with thousands of square feet of rooms and a unique third floor for craft weekends, which was really surprising. The room we had was pleasantly furnished and on the first floor. We found the bed to be rather firm and the house was too warm for our liking overall. There are not private bathrooms, although there are several of them (6 I believe) and they are located close to guest rooms. If you insist on a private bathroom, this may not be the place for you. Hot coffee is available from 6.30am and the breakfast was filling and sufficient and of nice quality (delicious home cooked blueberry croissant bake) and excellent sausages from Appleton. The house has a great history and Mike and Donna tell it's story well as they have contributed 18 years of love to making it look the way it does. This place is a gem in the north, and easily accessible. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: More rooms available on second floor for groups.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Martin R

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed from M-F last week 8/4-8. Donna & Mike have done a wonderful job refurbishing this over 100 year old home. Donna serves a great breakfast and gave us royal treatment. Our room was great and brought back memories for me. Growing up, I stayed in that home many overnights with my friend who lived there. Seeing the house in pristine condition was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you are unable to climb stairs, there is a downstairs guest room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dardok56
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I cannot say enough about Donna and Mike. They made us feel so at home. Three days of being pampered and treated like royalty was heavenly. The décor the home is truly Victorian and I just loved the decorations lambs and dressers etc . Food was truly delicious. I took many pictures of the rooms and grounds as they were so unique. If you go to their website you will see the pics of the rooms and very reasonable rates. I have already recommended this to my neighbor and daughter. Also consider the massage while you are there. It is the best I have ever had and I have had a few in other hotels and on a cruise ship so I know of what I speak. Better than I thought the entire trip woulds be. We will be back.

Room Tip: My favorite is the balcony room but you cannot go wrong with any of them. In the winter I would choo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiaTerrier
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Our yearly family reunion was made perfect by our stay at the Crystal Bell Inn. Mike and Donna are the most gracious and generous of hosts. They are knowledgable of the area but they exceeded themselves in their ability to make their home feel like you are home too! This year I brought along my grandchildren and they were thrilled with all the attention they received.
Mike makes a breakfast feast each morning complimented by a freshly made pastry that he gets up before the birds to bake for all the guests. Donna is the hostess at a campfire in the evening in which she showed the grandchildren how to make the most perfectly browned marshmallows that made the s'mores melt in your mouth! We relaxed around the campfire enjoying the beautiful night sky and making wishes on the shooting stars!
I will continue to make this our "home away from home" every year!

Room Tip: I stayed in the balcony room this year and left the door open all night to listen to night sounds an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LaurieB5239
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Pros:
* All rooms were very clean
* Satisfying amount of breakfast
* Donna pointed us to a good place to eat and printed off directions for a park
* Donna and Mike were both exceedingly friendly

Cons:
* The beds were way too soft - hard to get to sleep and our backs were sore in the morning
* Bathrooms were separate from bedrooms and shared with other guests
* We were discouraged from making our own teas and coffees - Donna insisted on making ours when we'd rather make them ourselves the way we wanted
* The pastries were supposedly homemade fresh everyday, but neither my sister nor I smelled or heard any baking going on. While the pastries were good, they were no more special than any decent bakery pastries. We thought the same about the Belgian waffles - not homemade. However, the choice of syrups and jams was very good.
* Did not like the way Donna went on about her food, beds, etc. "These are the most awesome waffles you'll ever have!" "This is the best chai ever!" (not hardly - the chai she offered was from a mix and not the true Indian chai), "These are the best sausages ever!", "These will be the best beds you'll ever sleep in!", etc. No host or hostess should shout the praises of their wares - let the guests make the decision and compliment if worthy!
* After a long drive and just wishing to be shown our room, we were given a tour of this very large and ornate historical home. We were tired but didn't want to be rude, so on the tour we went. It would have been very nice to be asked first if we'd like a tour or maybe wait until later.

Room Tip: If you like soft beds, super-attentive hosts and not particular about homemade vs store-bought food...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank glisakh

Been to Crystal Bell Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!