“Read first!!”

Northernaire Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Three Lakes
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Ok let me be clear great Place but...
This is a bunch of 1/2/3 bedroom
Condos laid out like a hotel
But WITHOUT the hotel amenities (bar, restaurant, concierge, room service....)
It doesn't feel too northwoodies and I guess that is what I was looking for in the Northwoods...
It's got a nice outdoor hot tub
Smaller indoor pool and hot tub
No beach
A few dock spaces
I would rather be in a cabin on one of the hundreds of lakes listening to a loon
This was too sterile for my tastes

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the amenities we offer here, we are looking at expanding them to add more hotel style amenities. We're working on getting a liquor license, but unfortunately with state regulations we cannot add a beach to the property. I hope you enjoyed your time here in the Northwoods.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We have been to Northernaire the past two years and have received excellent service and the cleanliness of the resort cannot be beaten. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen area has everything one needs for the week. There is a private dock for your boat or pontoon, easy access to Kayak, and just a mile up the road is a small marina with a Tiki Bar, Ice Cream Parlor, and Breakfast nook that will take care of you when you relax. The resort has an indoor pool and indoor-outdoor hot tub.

The bike trail from Three Lakes to Eagle River is well maintained with several boardwalks and you will see deer and perhaps a bear along the way.

The scenery in the area is fantastic. I have heard wonderful things about the resort during the winter as well if you are a XC Skier or snowmobile enthusiast.

I would rate Northernaire a very strong 9.

Room Tip: Best views are on the third floor but we also love being on the ground as it is an easy walk from th...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dave,

Thank you for your comments, I'm happy you have enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

My husband and I wanted to have a weekend away to celebrate our anniversary. While we know it was generally "off season" in northern Wisconsin, we were looking forward to a nice drive and visit to the area as we had not been there in several years. The resort was bigger and even nicer than expected. The buildings and grounds are beautiful and well cared for. The room was quite large and very well appointed. There were only a couple of other rooms in use during our weekend, so we generally had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. Everything was clean and in excellent shape. The only downsides were the unusually small televisions in the bedroom and living room and the general lack of things to do at the resort and in the general area, making you feel very remote. We were largely ok with this and again understood it was the off season, but others who visit may not be prepared for being that remote.

Room Tip: If you are on the ground or second floor you will be able to hear the people in the room above you.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Kim,
I'm happy you had a great weekend for your anniversary, we hope to see you again next year to celebrate. We are working on adding more things on the resort as well as looking to upgrade the TV's. I appreciate your comments, thank you for taking the time.

Justin B

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The resort is beautiful!! Our room was lovely and very clean. Upon checking in, we were warned to only park in the circle lot in the front of the building because condo owners will be angry if the access to their garage is blocked. This was not particularly welcoming. We looked at the informational book provided in our room and it showed that the pool and hot tub are open until 10pm. At 8pm we went to the front desk on our way to the pool and asked for pool towels. We were provided with small, flimsy bath towels. The same lady who checked us in was working at the front desk and she informed us that we needed to be out of the pool by 8:45pm. Again, not very welcoming. Also, at 8pm, there were no lights or lamps turned on in the main lobby by the fireplace. We actually felt as if we were intruding. It felt as if this property is mainly a condo and they really do not want travelers staying there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

I'm sorry you did not feel welcomed, it is something we will improve on. We do try and balance the needs of our owners with the needs of our renters, but our goal is to make every guest feel welcomed, I'm am truly that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

Justin B

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to a land mark destination was a little disappointing. Very clean and appointed. Pool and spa tub was awesome. The only downer was the bedding. Ultra soft mattress left my wife with a sore back the first night. Foldout sleeper sofa second choice slightly better. So much for romance. The chain of lakes has been my vacation destination for over 40 yrs. not sure I'd go back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed in the bedding for the unit you were in, I'll be sure to make the unit owner aware of this and look at options to correct the issue. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here and we forward to having you as our guest again. If there is anything else I can do please contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Three Lakes
19.9 km away
Best Western Plus Derby Inn
Best Western Plus Derby Inn
#1 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to Northernaire Resort? Share your experiences!