“Romantic Weekend Getaway”

Northernaire Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Three Lakes
Reviewed 8 May 2017

My husband and I wanted to have a weekend away to celebrate our anniversary. While we know it was generally "off season" in northern Wisconsin, we were looking forward to a nice drive and visit to the area as we had not been there in several years. The resort was bigger and even nicer than expected. The buildings and grounds are beautiful and well cared for. The room was quite large and very well appointed. There were only a couple of other rooms in use during our weekend, so we generally had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. Everything was clean and in excellent shape. The only downsides were the unusually small televisions in the bedroom and living room and the general lack of things to do at the resort and in the general area, making you feel very remote. We were largely ok with this and again understood it was the off season, but others who visit may not be prepared for being that remote.

Room Tip: If you are on the ground or second floor you will be able to hear the people in the room above you.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Kim,
I'm happy you had a great weekend for your anniversary, we hope to see you again next year to celebrate. We are working on adding more things on the resort as well as looking to upgrade the TV's. I appreciate your comments, thank you for taking the time.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The resort is beautiful!! Our room was lovely and very clean. Upon checking in, we were warned to only park in the circle lot in the front of the building because condo owners will be angry if the access to their garage is blocked. This was not particularly welcoming. We looked at the informational book provided in our room and it showed that the pool and hot tub are open until 10pm. At 8pm we went to the front desk on our way to the pool and asked for pool towels. We were provided with small, flimsy bath towels. The same lady who checked us in was working at the front desk and she informed us that we needed to be out of the pool by 8:45pm. Again, not very welcoming. Also, at 8pm, there were no lights or lamps turned on in the main lobby by the fireplace. We actually felt as if we were intruding. It felt as if this property is mainly a condo and they really do not want travelers staying there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

I'm sorry you did not feel welcomed, it is something we will improve on. We do try and balance the needs of our owners with the needs of our renters, but our goal is to make every guest feel welcomed, I'm am truly that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to a land mark destination was a little disappointing. Very clean and appointed. Pool and spa tub was awesome. The only downer was the bedding. Ultra soft mattress left my wife with a sore back the first night. Foldout sleeper sofa second choice slightly better. So much for romance. The chain of lakes has been my vacation destination for over 40 yrs. not sure I'd go back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed in the bedding for the unit you were in, I'll be sure to make the unit owner aware of this and look at options to correct the issue. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here and we forward to having you as our guest again. If there is anything else I can do please contact me.

Justin

Reviewed 1 November 2016

if I had never been there before I would have been blown away. Unfortunately I was all excited to have the whirlpool room this y ear and somehow we did not get one. So, I was bummed all weekend. If you are looking for beautiful lake view and very spacious and clean this one is for you.

Room Tip: make sure you say whirlpool room... same price. could have a warmer pool but ok
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Nancy, I'm sorry you did not have a whirlpool in your unit, it looks like you were in the Handicap Accessible unit, the other two bedroom units do have the whirlpool tub in the master bath. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, on your next visit please give us a call and we can make sure you get into a room that has the whirlpool.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

A million years ago I had my first summer job at the old Northernaire in Three Lakes. We were coming to northern WI for a family gathering and my husband thought it would be fun to come back to a place where I had some old memories. Sadly, there is not a single remnant of the old place. One case in the lobby with some old China and a few framed pictures. I was hoping for more.

That said, this is a lovely property with gorgeous, fully appointed condo style units. It appears that most of the units are owned but some are rented out for visitors like us. We had a lovely unit on the ground floor with a spectacular view of the lake. The only complaint was we were directly under the meeting and breakfast room that was used in the early morning. Despite carpet on the floors above the sound of chairs being dragged across the floor was rather loud. Fortunately this was just in the morning during our stay so it was not terrible.

Room Tip: Higher levels are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Ann, We're glad you came back to visit the place. Unfortunately after the original Northernaire closed most of the items were lost or damaged so we don't have much from the old building. I'm sorry you had a noise issue during your stay with the meeting room, but I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here. We hope to see you again soon, we love hearing about the original Northernaire.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Three Lakes
31.3 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Rhinelander

Been to Northernaire Resort? Share your experiences!