Oneida Village Inn(Three Lakes)
Traveler's Inn(Eagle River)
US$115
Best Western Plus Derby Inn(Eagle River)(Great Value!)
US$150
Wild Eagle Lodge(Eagle River)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$242
Hiawatha Lodge & Resort(Eagle River)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Holiday Acres Resort(Rhinelander)(Great Value!)
All reviewsfull kitchenbeautiful condonorthern wisconsinspa tubeagle riverromantic weekendindoor pooleasy accessunitfireplacenorthwoodsnecessitiessnowmobilesilverwarecouchsheets
Reviewed 4 May 2017

The resort is beautiful!! Our room was lovely and very clean. Upon checking in, we were warned to only park in the circle lot in the front of the building because condo owners will be angry if the access to their garage is blocked. This was not particularly welcoming. We looked at the informational book provided in our room and it showed that the pool and hot tub are open until 10pm. At 8pm we went to the front desk on our way to the pool and asked for pool towels. We were provided with small, flimsy bath towels. The same lady who checked us in was working at the front desk and she informed us that we needed to be out of the pool by 8:45pm. Again, not very welcoming. Also, at 8pm, there were no lights or lamps turned on in the main lobby by the fireplace. We actually felt as if we were intruding. It felt as if this property is mainly a condo and they really do not want travelers staying there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

I'm sorry you did not feel welcomed, it is something we will improve on. We do try and balance the needs of our owners with the needs of our renters, but our goal is to make every guest feel welcomed, I'm am truly that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to a land mark destination was a little disappointing. Very clean and appointed. Pool and spa tub was awesome. The only downer was the bedding. Ultra soft mattress left my wife with a sore back the first night. Foldout sleeper sofa second choice slightly better. So much for romance. The chain of lakes has been my vacation destination for over 40 yrs. not sure I'd go back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed in the bedding for the unit you were in, I'll be sure to make the unit owner aware of this and look at options to correct the issue. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here and we forward to having you as our guest again. If there is anything else I can do please contact me.

Justin

Reviewed 1 November 2016

if I had never been there before I would have been blown away. Unfortunately I was all excited to have the whirlpool room this y ear and somehow we did not get one. So, I was bummed all weekend. If you are looking for beautiful lake view and very spacious and clean this one is for you.

Room Tip: make sure you say whirlpool room... same price. could have a warmer pool but ok
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Nancy, I'm sorry you did not have a whirlpool in your unit, it looks like you were in the Handicap Accessible unit, the other two bedroom units do have the whirlpool tub in the master bath. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, on your next visit please give us a call and we can make sure you get into a room that has the whirlpool.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

A million years ago I had my first summer job at the old Northernaire in Three Lakes. We were coming to northern WI for a family gathering and my husband thought it would be fun to come back to a place where I had some old memories. Sadly, there is not a single remnant of the old place. One case in the lobby with some old China and a few framed pictures. I was hoping for more.

That said, this is a lovely property with gorgeous, fully appointed condo style units. It appears that most of the units are owned but some are rented out for visitors like us. We had a lovely unit on the ground floor with a spectacular view of the lake. The only complaint was we were directly under the meeting and breakfast room that was used in the early morning. Despite carpet on the floors above the sound of chairs being dragged across the floor was rather loud. Fortunately this was just in the morning during our stay so it was not terrible.

Room Tip: Higher levels are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Ann, We're glad you came back to visit the place. Unfortunately after the original Northernaire closed most of the items were lost or damaged so we don't have much from the old building. I'm sorry you had a noise issue during your stay with the meeting room, but I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here. We hope to see you again soon, we love hearing about the original Northernaire.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The lock out room was at least twice the size of the expected motel room size we were expecting. The walk in five foot by 3 foot shower unit was surprisingly unique and pleasant. The view from the room was pleasing. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed a quiet and leisurely stay for our two nights and three days during a Wonderland Northern Wisconsin Fall. The leaves on the trees were at peak.

Room Tip: We left a 5% tip of the entire amount stay.
Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Gary,

I'm glad you enjoyed your time here ate the Northernaire and got to enjoy the fall colors. I hope we see you again soon and thank you for your comments.

Justin B,