All reviews sunset grill fire pit black forest full kitchen nice accommodations beautiful condo northern wisconsin eagle river indoor pool romantic weekend bedroom condo easy access hot tub units lockout fireplace northwoods
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to a land mark destination was a little disappointing. Very clean and appointed. Pool and spa tub was awesome. The only downer was the bedding. Ultra soft mattress left my wife with a sore back the first night. Foldout sleeper sofa second choice slightly better. So much for romance. The chain of lakes has been my vacation destination for over 40 yrs. not sure I'd go back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed in the bedding for the unit you were in, I'll be sure to make the unit owner aware of this and look at options to correct the issue. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here and we forward to having you as our guest again. If there is anything else I can do please contact me.

Justin

Reviewed 1 November 2016

if I had never been there before I would have been blown away. Unfortunately I was all excited to have the whirlpool room this y ear and somehow we did not get one. So, I was bummed all weekend. If you are looking for beautiful lake view and very spacious and clean this one is for you.

Room Tip: make sure you say whirlpool room... same price. could have a warmer pool but ok
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Nancy, I'm sorry you did not have a whirlpool in your unit, it looks like you were in the Handicap Accessible unit, the other two bedroom units do have the whirlpool tub in the master bath. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, on your next visit please give us a call and we can make sure you get into a room that has the whirlpool.

Justin B

Reviewed 1 November 2016

A million years ago I had my first summer job at the old Northernaire in Three Lakes. We were coming to northern WI for a family gathering and my husband thought it would be fun to come back to a place where I had some old memories. Sadly, there is not a single remnant of the old place. One case in the lobby with some old China and a few framed pictures. I was hoping for more.

That said, this is a lovely property with gorgeous, fully appointed condo style units. It appears that most of the units are owned but some are rented out for visitors like us. We had a lovely unit on the ground floor with a spectacular view of the lake. The only complaint was we were directly under the meeting and breakfast room that was used in the early morning. Despite carpet on the floors above the sound of chairs being dragged across the floor was rather loud. Fortunately this was just in the morning during our stay so it was not terrible.

Room Tip: Higher levels are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Ann, We're glad you came back to visit the place. Unfortunately after the original Northernaire closed most of the items were lost or damaged so we don't have much from the old building. I'm sorry you had a noise issue during your stay with the meeting room, but I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here. We hope to see you again soon, we love hearing about the original Northernaire.

Justin B

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The lock out room was at least twice the size of the expected motel room size we were expecting. The walk in five foot by 3 foot shower unit was surprisingly unique and pleasant. The view from the room was pleasing. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed a quiet and leisurely stay for our two nights and three days during a Wonderland Northern Wisconsin Fall. The leaves on the trees were at peak.

Room Tip: We left a 5% tip of the entire amount stay.
Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Gary,

I'm glad you enjoyed your time here ate the Northernaire and got to enjoy the fall colors. I hope we see you again soon and thank you for your comments.

Justin B,

Reviewed 4 October 2016

I booked this resort on-line for a weekend girls weekend with my mother, sister, and aunts. The location is close to at least one bar (Jake's-amazing pizza, btw) and at least one cafe/restaurant, of those I noticed. Check-in was quick and easy and they let us all pay on separate credit cards (when we checked out). I found the price this time of year to be extremely reasonable (there were five of us and we can paid $40 per night). The resort has tennis courts, a basketball court, a volleyball court, an indoor pool and hot tub, and an outdoor hot tub. In addition, it's located on Deer Lake, so there are boat slips and a view of the lake. The lounge area has tables for eating and furniture overlooking the lake. There's also a mini gift shop with t-shirts, sweatshirts etc. I took a walk near the hotel and looped around by the golf course and another lake. I saw plenty deer grazing!

We stayed in a two-bedroom condo on the second floor (B-24). It had a master bedroom with a king size bed, whirlpool tub, shower, balcony (shared with main area balcony) etc. The main living area contains the kitchen, living area, which has a pullout sofa, and dining area, and shares the deck with the master bedroom. The second bedroom actually has it's own access door and can be closed off from the rest of the condo. It had a queen bed, bathroom, and mini kitchen (sink, cupboards, and mini fridge). Everything was well-maintained and appeared new. There were televisions in every room and basic kitchen necessities (toaster, coffee maker, plates, cups, silverware, etc.).

This was October and I'd say the resort was half to 1/3 full...so the public areas were not crowded by any means.

The only downsides were we could hear the people in the unit above us when they were walking around. Also, just note there is no cleaning service unless you stay a certain amount of days. We did not have it for our two night stay.

Room Tip: Request a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at Northernaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Thank you for your comments, we truly appreciate them. I'm glad you enjoyed your girls weekend here at the Northernaire, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Justin