“"You want it"? They have it covered!”

Thorpedo Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Thorp
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I've been to quite a few little small town diners but have never come across one with such an extensive menu.
Growing up and making frequent trips past the Thorpedo Restaurant but never stopping we used to as kids joke around about the name and the neon sign with a Torpedo.
The joking though stopped once we actually stopped and tried out the food. At first it looks like any other small town restaurant, long individual table top counter seating and a selection of many tables where the conversation could be anywhere from the days happening in sports, the weather or how the crops are doing. Home town feel.
Once I looked at the menu I was overwhelmed about how many choices there were. I'm talking they had everything under the sun covered from breakfast , to lunch and dinner. I chuckled and thought "there's no way that all of these things can be listed and all done well and taste good.
So far I've stopped four times at this restaurant and tried something different everytime, breakfast skillet, hamburger, taco salad and soup and sandwhich. I have never been disappointed in the service or the food and this place knows how to be successful in giving the customers variety and good service at an affordable price. These type of places survive the years because they know how to be competitive and give the customers what they want.
I highly recommend this place to anyone as they have something for everyone. Look up their menu online and you too will be anxious to visit "The Thorpedo Restaurant".
Great picture taking place out front with the sign in the background, take and post!

1  Thank Wings E

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My husband and I were driving back from Michigan and took the Upper Peninsula route. We switched drivers so he could take a nap and after doing the math, we realized we would be comping up on Thorp shortly after lunch time. Of course, it would be time for me to wake him up so we could eat at Thorpedo again!

Two years since our last visit and they did not disappoint! The servers are all very friendly ladies wearing bonnets and long dresses (Amish?), the food is spectacular with decent (not gross) portions and everything is cooked to order/fresh.

Excellent prices only adds to the fact that we will be back, again. We won't be waiting two years this time, though.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had stopped here a few years ago for lunch and really liked it. Today we had a late breakfast but were not impressed. The egg & cheese omelet was crisp on the outside, the hash browns weren't really "brown", the sausage was so overdone we couldn't eat it, and the over-easy eggs were not hot. We got charged for two coffees but only ordered one - of course they readily took it off the bill.

Two of the stools at the bar seating were loose and couldn't be used. All we can say good about it was the price. The senior price was $5.99.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Good food, gokd service and good prices.
We were traveling thru and stopped for breakfast. The locals were friendly and made you feel at home.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is a classic old-school, Midwestern, small town diner. You can get a good meal and the atmosphere is welcoming like you would imagine from a small community. The food is reasonably priced and the portions are sufficient. I drive by fairly regular and try to stop in at least once every month or two.

Been to Thorpedo Restaurant? Share your experiences!