“Need to show the staff how to cook.”

Iron Skillet Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 35 Restaurants in Sturtevant
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Full Serve Restaurant
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I went there on a Saturday so hungry for Prime Rib. Big mistake not good at all. It was dry and well-done. Nothing else good accept the Salad. I did say something but no good it did. Very disappointed. I used to take my family there couple of decades ago. They went downhill. Would I recommend NO Don't Eat there. Bad bad bad

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We have a group of friends who play golf nearby in Racine and as we come from Illinois, we stopped at the Iron Skillet for breakfast. Food was terrible, none of us like it. Hard to screw up eggs and biscuits and gravy but they succeeded. Cold tasteless and served by someone who acted like they were being put upon by having to serve us. NO ONE liked their meal.
We actually tried it again a few weeks later because anyone or anyplace can have an off-day. Same result. Lousy food, poor service and just an overall bad experience.
We still golf in Racine from time to time, but we do breakfast on the Illinois side of the border. when you try to rate the restaurant, it only lets you put in "excellent." What BS!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Buckeye1251
Skillet333, Guest Relations Manager at Iron Skillet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Iron Skillet. We are sorry for your disappointment, but appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Large buffet for dinner with many dishes from a variety of Americanized cuisines. The beef and noodles stood out as savory and salty. As truck stop buffets go, this was much better than typical in both selection and quality.

Date of visit: January 2018
Skillet333, Guest Relations Manager at Iron Skillet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

This is terrific to hear...we truly appreciate that you reached out to us and let us know about your visit at the Racine Iron Skillet. Your feedback is helpful. Have a great week!

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on the way to an appointment. We all ordered the lunch buffet. Right away I noticed that everything appeared old and crusty. The lunch buffet goes from 11-4 and we got there at 1pm so it wasn't like we came in at the very end of the shift. What we had before us were yesterday's leftovers warmed up again. The food tasted okay but was barely to temp. I had soup and it was just luke warm. I know the soup is suppose to be anywhere between 120-150 degrees and it was no where near that. I had a sticky bun for dessert after having a salad with ranch dressing that was severely watered down and the sticky bun was very crusty, crumbly and dry. I cut it with my fork and it shattered into peices so if you're looking for fresh food, this is not your place. The only reason I give this place 1 star is because the restrooms were nice and clean! We will not stop this car anywhere near this place again!

Date of visit: December 2017
Skillet333, Guest Relations Manager at Iron Skillet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We appreciate your detailed evaluation and always appreciate the feedback. Please accept our apologies for your disappointment with your meal.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I cannot review the restaurant as we've never eaten here. But. There is an O & H Bakery inside which has an amazing selection - and supply - of their famous Kringles. We've had cheese filled, berry filled, apple filled - but our absolute favorite is the pecan. Throw in some brown sugar and cinnamon and it is fabulous. We always buy 3 - one for each of our next door neighbors and one for us. They offer other bakery products such as cookies, cakes and breads but we only have eyes for their Kringle.

Date of visit: October 2017
Skillet333, Guest Relations Manager at Iron Skillet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our store. As a locally owned business, we take pride in our facility, food and service. Thanks for stopping in to see us!