All reviews retro decor until noon steel bridge great retro blast from the past diner counter cookie cutter self serve door county radio station mid century step back in time christmas tree continental breakfast rooms are small hard boiled eggs music festival
Reviewed 4 September 2014

I loved everything about this motel, despite the "cosiness" of the room and the fact that they had only a queen bed which we're not used to any more. But it was a very comfortable bed. I loved the fact that you could use the kitchen area at any time to make tea and coffee, and the continental breakfast was great. The staff were friendly and efficient and the room and common areas were very clean. The 60s ambience was really fun. Stay here when you're in Sturgeon Bay!

Reviewed 4 September 2014

The rooms were very clean, loved the retro atmosphere. Checked in late and had to leave early so I wasn't able to take advantage of the free breakfast. Great location to downtown shops and restaurants. Price was very reasonable and would def. stay there again! Staff were very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Wonderful friendly staff, spotless rooms and great location! Retro décor made me feel young again!! Loved the diner for breakfast and relaxing out front in the evening. The staff was very helpful finding us places to eat and giving directions. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The decor was far from being cookie cutter and was very cute. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We really liked that the owner sponsors music events at the motel, which extends to throughout Sturgeon Bay. We also liked they were "Green." The rooms were clean and had good shower spray and we liked being able to help ourselves to coffee in the community kitchen. The corridor leading to the rooms, however, smelled a bit musty but did not extend into the rooms. Having said this, I indicated that I wanted fresh towels for fear of them becoming musty. Also, we woke up with aching backs because the beds were too soft. We had to go to the local Wal-Mart for some pain reliever. If soft mattresses are typical of what people slept on in the 50s, this would be a deal breaker for us.

Reviewed 4 September 2014

Everything they say about this place is true! Cheeky 50's decor, friendly staff, good price, clean room, love it. It's just steps from the waterfront and main streets so it's easy to walk around, eat, and just enjoy the town. The self-serve "diner" breakfast bar was much better than expected, too. The rooms are a little small, and yes you may hear some footsteps above if you're on the ground floor, but it's no big deal. I hope this little gem always stays the same, I'd definitely go back again!

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room if you can!