See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 December 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times. I plan on going again in 2015. The last time I satayed was October 2012. I like the price and location. This is the type of motel I stay at to save money for other things in Door County. This is a family owned place. Very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back!! ☺

Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have no idea where that picture next to the name Chal A Motel comes from but it looks nothing like that...The desk staff was friendly, and handed us our extra towels, but we almost just took a loss on the $70 and found another room to no avail..so we had to stay...it was fairly clean..old blankets..glad we bring our own sheets or I couldn't have slept there..you could almost see the computer size tv screen if you stood close enough. My husband thought he saw something scamper across the room in the wee hours...needless to say my daughter and I barely slept, hoping nothing would crawl over us in the middle of the night. When we first walked in, I had to remove the large dead spider from the bed.(I of course had to do this before my daughter saw it) We made the best of it and enjoyed the outside space as late as possible and woke as early as we could to leave..didn't even unpack anything. Although we needed our own shampoo, and a little more pressure in the shower would have been nice. We really tried to like it.....go back south on 42 and there was a super 8 and comfort inn(which of course we didn't see until the morning).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stopped in here with few expectations, but found it to be quite nice. It is dated (but has had some upgrades fairly recently). They keep it clean and charge reasonable rates. It's a great place to stay if you are looking for a basic place to rest your head at night without breaking the bank. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ronnie513
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We have stayed at this little motel the last three years in summer and it is a nice, quiet, comfortable and clean venue. It has the older motel feel but peaceful atmosphere. I perform at the renaissance faire up there every summer and it is a welcome place to stay. The owners are great friendly people as well. If you are not looking for a big hotel chain, but still want to comfortable place to stay, book here.

John Brunette
South Milwaukee, WI

Room Tip: All are quiet and will give you a good nights sleep. Also VERY affordable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JBrunette
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed two nights and had no problems.
The motel is conveniently located to Sturgeon Bay and the rest of Door Co.
You are about 50 mins from the tip of Door Co. at the Chal-A-Motel.
There is not a continental breakfast,but coffee is provided as well as ice and wifi.
The owner was helpful and friendly.
There is no pool available.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family