All reviews pat's place fire pit frank lloyd wright bird feeders steam room hot breakfast american players theater large windows yogurt spring greens down the road hot tub weekend stay free breakfast hot items other guests very nice swimming pool
Reviewed 24 October 2004

We stayed one night at the Spring Valley Inn in October. There is a very nice swimming pool, along with a whirlpool, steam room and sauna that we also enjoyed. It's enough off the highway that the room was very quiet. Good pillows, mattresses satisfactory. Nice towels. Everything was clean.
We weren't impressed by the restaraunt menu and decided to have dinner somplace else - ended up at the Pasta Barn, where the food was only so-so and the service was friendly, but slow and inconsistent.
I don't know that we'll ever stay in Spring Green again, but I'd recommend the Spring Valley Inn to anyone going there/

9  Thank maggie303
Reviewed 22 July 2003

Well, well the Spring Valley Inn...I chose this one between two options because it sounded and looked so nice in their pictures. Don't be fooled by the restaurant Pat's Place!! When you walk into the check in area, on the right, there is this little rusty looking kitchen. And I thought: "wow, they should really have a better employee rest area." Well this nasty kitchen is where they make the food for Pat's Place.
Not to mention, the person that checked us in at the front desk was going to be the person MAKING THE FOOD. Oh my.......When we received our key for the hotel room, we walked down this dark, musty smelling hallway that smelled like basement flooding. I was just hoping and praying that our room would not be so bad. It wasn't. It was pretty spacious and all, bathroom a little tight, but all in all, it was OK.
We just wanted to check in there for one night to go to the House on the Rock. Everything, other than what I have mentioned, was OK. The pool is pretty large, so is the hot tub. When we came back to the room, around 10:00 P.M., we started getting ready for bed. About an hour in, I felt something crawling on my arm. OH! It was some type of big, black bug! I am not a bug fan, as I am sure most of us are not. I called the front desk, and ofcourse no one was there. I called the emergency number for the lodge and I think it was someone's home because she sounded like I woke her up. I told her that I found a bug in my bed and told her I was going to leave. She said OK, and we left. The next day when I called, she told me that she only found ONE bug in the room, as if one bug is OK! Oh my.

19  Thank Bianca345