See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I recently stayed at this motel. I have to say that for $70/night, it was entirely overpriced.

I should have trusted my gut and went somewhere else after the first problem. I called to see if there were rooms available for just one night. The man that answered was so impatient he started yelling his responses at me.

Why did I decide to stay you may ask? I was in town for in an event with some friends, and unfortunately, they already had a room here so I wanted to be close to them.

When I got to my room, the first thing I noticed was a bad odor. I couldn't tell exactly what it was, but it smelled like a musty carpet. Next, I checked the restroom. There was a towel hanging on the shower curtain bar which had a strong dirty smell coming from it. From the looks of it, I don't think the towel was ever washed or removed after the previous inhabitants. The blankets seemed to have been the same as well.

There was not a single positive aspect about my stay here. Overall, I have to say if you decide to waste your money at this place you should consider going to a homeless shelter for free, it may be a better stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emote
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Ew.

This was the second-most disgusting motel I have stayed in, in my entire life. The first was literally a crack house in Oakland, CA, with no fitted sheet on the stained bed and violent looking people hanging out in the parking lot.

When we arrived in the moderately clean hotel room, with an obviously dirty pillow cover, the whole place smelled heavily like disgusting air freshener. My partner is allergic to these kinds of heavy fragrances, so we spent the first half hour of our stay attempting to clear out the smell, only to find that it covered the reeking smell of cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room.

We spent a considerable amount of time considering whether it would be worth it to take a shower in the dirty bathroom to clean the filth of the room off in the morning. We decided it wasn't.

Throughout the night people were awake and laughing uproariously in steady tones just outside our windo; we can only imagine there was drug-use involved. Of course, we had to keep the window open to prevent from choking on the stench of the room.

The featured amenities of fridge, large television, microwave, ironing board, etc. seem only to serve people who are staying for a while, which, based on the people we were surrounded by, is problematic.

When we woke up at 6:45 (after waking up all through the night) we got up and left quicker than we've ever left a place. This is despite the fact that we pulled in at 1:30am and got to bed at 2am.

The man in the lobby was nice enough, but a nice demeanor is really no excuse for a disgusting motel. Please, unless you really need a deal, don't stay here. Pay the extra $40 and stay at the Super 8. You'll never know the misery you missed and, trust me, it's worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Customkell
Reviewed 1 August 2011

were referred by locals for best value in Sparta. Manager was friendly and helpful, room was spacious enough and clean, good ac and tv, free wifi, coffee in office, fridge, microwave, hair dryer, soap, shampoo, ironing board, massaging shower head. Shower stall a little small - so what!
Hope previous bad reviews don.t hurt this place - they're trying to do well.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Dickfluff
Reviewed 2 September 2010

The place is dirty and unkept! Screwed up our reservation and offered to let my daughter and family stay in basement! Needed clean towels and was told they didn't have any. Didn't want to give us more blankets. Had we not had a wedding to go to and needed a shower, would of went on our way! A real dump!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank garlicjuice
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I stayed at the Scottish Inn in Sparta, in September 2009. We arrived in the dark of night and were greated warmly by the kind gentleman behind the front desk. After a warm welcome he quickly got us checked in and explained the room fee (which I felt was a good value) he then said that there would be cereal, juice, and coffee available in the morning for breakfast, at our convenience.

We got the key to the room, and walked in to find very comfortable arrangements. There was a large TV, a small refrigerator, a microwave, a comfortable bed, and a table with 2 chairs. The room clean and the decorating was nice. It was much nicer than I expected for the low price that we paid. (approx. $55)

When we left in the early morning, we were again greated warmly by the front desk clerk who was very concerned that our stay at the hotel was a great one, I assured him that it was, and that I intend to come back!

...and a good time was had by all!

Thank You Scottish Inn!