“Magical Cabin Retreat”
View From Hammock In Apple Grove
View From Tree Line
Saying Hello
Saying Goodbye
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Trippy123...
“Magical Cabin Retreat”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This was a very magical getaway for the 6 of us that visited Door County for the first time. The cabin consists of two great styles: (1) the charm of the vintage cabin styles constructed in the 1800's; (2) modern day amenities with everything you could possibly need. Moreover, it is situated on 30 acres of land giving one the space and privacy that is a must have on any vacation getaway into the countryside (but all too often is not experienced). Location was great as it was away from the hustle and bustle, yet very close to everything on that end of the Door County peninsula. The photos did not do this place justice. We will definitely be back again (or as my friend was saying....perhaps later this month).

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy, space, and style of the cabin
Liked least: The vintage shower style on the first floor was a bit annoying
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
datavorte...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Cozy, Private Cabin in Beautiful Sister Bay”
Reviewed 16 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

This secluded cabin offers most of what you would want in a getaway to Door County. Nice views in every direction of fields and forest. Close to tourism hot spots in Sister Bay and Ephraim. Comfortable and plentiful seating. Inviting beds with lots of blankets. A kitchen well equipped for a dinner for six or just making hot cocoa. There's a nice porch and back deck you might use if it wasn't cold and wet outside like it was for us.

The best thing about the rental was the owners. Terry and LInda took the time to make sure we were settled in and happy and Terry even drove in to say hello. For much of the year they live right around the corner. They told us to call with any problems at all. You couldn't ask for better people to rent from. They made checking in and out literally effortless.

But of course, it doesn't hurt that the cabin is full of tiny niceties like plenty of extra towels and toiletries waiting for you in the bathrooms, a good supply of fun board games, and cable with every channel that carries Packers games. There's even a gas and a charcoal grill for picky meat eaters like me.

Every inch of the place was impeccably clean.

My only complaint, and it was big enough to keep me from returning, is the shower experience there. At least in the downstairs tub which my wife and I used (my parents were upstairs), I found it to be very unpleasant. A combination of soft water, low water pressure, and the narrow width that the curtains hang inside the tub made showering something I put off until I couldn't any longer. The cabin has a water softener and water pitches no more than a couple inches from the faucet. I stood underneath it for untold minutes while the cold shower curtain stuck to no fewer than two sides of my body and I tried in vain to get the soap film off my body with the slow stream of soft water . I'm an obese guy, but my wife is a normal weight and also felt attacked by the shower curtain.

If the shower thing doesn't sound like it would bother you, then I recommend wholeheartedly that you check out this nice little cabin in the woods.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The showers
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Oct 2012
The pressure problem was caused by an in wall leak that was fixed. The claw foot tub seems to get more positive comments than negative, as many of our guests love the deep tub aspect.
LovingLif...
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“We'll Be Back! Absolutely Wonderful!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

We traveled to Sister Bay for a family vacation. In our party we had four adults and one 4 year old child. This cabin was charming, clean, well stocked, and in a wonderful location. It can be difficult to impress me when it comes to hotels and such, and I was pleasantly surprised that Dovetail Acres surpassed even my hopes for what it would be.

The house was a great size with a wonderful apple tree grove in the back where you can hang the hammock. I spent many afternoons reading and taking a nap in that hammock! An apple even fell in my lap once while I was laying out there and I promptly ate it! The cabin was decorated beautifully and very clean. Beds were comfortable. Although we could hear the road, we were off it quite a bit, and couldn't see any other signs of people/homes.

The first night we saw 20 shooting stars from a meteor shower! Awesome! The second night we saw 4 deer checking out the apple grove. Our 4 year old loved playing ball in the yard and eating apples. She also loved roasting marshmallows and hot dogs in the fire pit.

It was also very close- right outside Sister Bay, and it didn't take more than 3-5 minutes to drive downtown.

The owners were great and professional.

We loved this place and hope to go back soon!!

Liked best: Cozy, Charming, Large, Comfortable
Liked least: I like it dark when I sleep and the curtains didn't block out much morning light. Not a biggie.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$215
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing