“Excellent coffee, great atmosphere ”

Base Camp Coffee Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Open daily, offering delicious teas, great coffees, cocoas, fresh bakery and vegetarian light fare.
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in to Base Camp on our way out of town, and I was so glad we made the detour. The selection of coffees was excellent, and we were also pleased with the variety of breakfast sandwiches and wraps. We each ordered a sandwich/wrap and a coffee. We had our baby with us, and everyone was kind to her and didn't treat her as an inconveniece. There was a mix of young people on computers and families with children, and the combination of work and play just seemed to work. The owner was kind and friendly; all the baristas were also knowledgeable and helpful. The French flair brought in by the French owner also added a little je ne sais quoi! I loved this place, and couldn't help buying a t-shirt on the way out to commerate the experience! Be sure to stop in while in Sister Bay!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Creative, small menu but good coffee and excellent tea choices. Go early because they run out of some of the baked goods. Breakfast crepes are good and the lemon pound cake is smoothe a delicious. Small place with a slow pace (although the servers and chef are working their butts off). Love the atmosphere but much more pleasant in spring and early fall when the crowds are not in town. Met some locals last year in September that seemed like regulars - cool place.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Not only is the coffee good here, but treat yourself to the best granola I have ever had. Homemade and baled. The breakfast sandwich is also top-notch.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our favorite coffee shop in sister bay. The homemade baked goods are incredible. I had one of the best Americano drinks I've ever had. Place is small but quaint with tables outside as well. Very polite order takers.

2  Thank Crashman1000
Joel29n, Owner at Base Camp Coffee Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your nice words.
Glad to know you had a good experience and notice the politeness of our crew :)
We bake fresh daily and enjoy our espresso drinks, so we're glad you did too.
Hope to see you again soon.
Take care, cheers
The base camp team.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This relaxing gem of a café in Sister Bay is an absolute delight. I don't often write reviews, but I was moved to do so after receiving top-notch service and high-quality fare during my most recent trip to Door County. I was visiting Sister Bay for four days and found myself returning to Base Camp three days in a row. If I were you, I'd try the lavender latte.

C'est le savoir-faire d'un propriétaire français couplé avec une équipe authentique et un ambiance de charme qui rend au café sa gloire ;) Merci à vous tous.

Date of visit: July 2017

Thank you for your nice comment, we really appreciate it.
The vanilla lavender latte was an idea of our barista Mikeala. We make our own syrup using Madagascar bourbon vanilla and Door County lavender.
Glad you appreciate the ambiance and got to connect with our friendly team.
Hope to see you again soon, please say Hi.
Take care, cheers.