“Excellent food”

Bamboo Hut
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Rothschild
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 19 March 2017

My wife and I enjoy Thai restaurants wherever we travel. However we were both stunned by the Bamboo Hut. From the outside it appears as a rundown building, but the inside was very nice with SE Asian decor. The food was fantastic! Curry fish was spicy with a red curry base. The fish was cod. Not a cheap catfish or tilapia. Huge chunks lightly fried. My wife had a vegetarian red curry very mild that a nice mix of very fresh vegetables. Both meals and two vegetarian egg rolls for 22.54. I just wish they were in my hometown because I would be going there tonight.

1  Thank Repsaw

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Great thai noodle dishes and curry. Restaurant is quaint but they do great take out. Wausau doesn't have much for curry since little pad thai closed, but all varrieties are surprisingly good here.

2  Thank laurenh743
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I took my family to experience Pho for the first time... it was good Pho at decent pricing, and considering the blue collar area (lots of factories and processing plants in the area) I was surprised to find Bamboo Hut outside of an urban area.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 4 December 2016

The Bamboo Hut is the epitome of a family run oriental restaurant. Fantastic food, great prices and service that is friendly and fast. If you like it spicy order some of their toasted hot peppers.

2  Thank drBric
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Awesome food at a great price... dont let the location fool you... its definitely first rate food... plenty of options at great prices... you may at time have to wait a bit for the food as i thi k its family owned and operated ... but worth the wait