Rodeway Inn(Rhinelander)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$72
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

Quality Inn(Rhinelander)
US$65
US$62
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Comfort Inn(Rhinelander)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
US$177
US$168
Oneida Village Inn(Three Lakes)
US$93
US$90
US$108
US$115
All reviewsindoor poolnorth woodsfamily reunionmany yearsgas fireplacehorseback ridinggreat barclassic northwoodsbedroom cottageboat rentalsfall colorscoinskimsummerlodgelakeshuffleboard
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

As first time visitors we were excited to stay at HA. We're book a 2b cabin for a five member family. On the positive side we found the surroundings great with lots to do for the kids. The beach was great and the hodag hunt also. The kids fished a lot and caught small fish. We enjoyed the bar, the cookout with music and getting a latte in the coffee shop on mornings. Had a motor put on the boat since we wanted to sail to Hodag island for camping. Went riding at nearby stables which was a great experience for the kids. Staff was always friendly and helpful.

What we missed was a clean cabin. Tub was filthy, clogged with hair. Carpet stained and dirty, bed sheets stained with holes and outdated. Fan didn't work when we needed it one evening. Considering the price of the cabin you would expect more.
We enjoyed the pool all though it wasn't clean and had several lightbulbs that needed to be changed. Didn't see any staff members vacuum the pool once even though it was pretty full of sand. Wifi didn't work unless you were in the restaurant (which seems odd considering the free advertising you get when people check in and upload pics to social media)

Overall a great location but a place that needs a serious update.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Henriette Bjerr... E
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

So glad to hear that your family enjoyed the resort and the activities. Thank you for letting us know that the cottage you stayed in needed maintenance and deep cleaning. Our housekeeper does rounds on Sunday mornings in the summertime to check on cleanliness and things that are needed. Unfortunately, she must not have spoken with you. My sincere apologies that the cottage was not up to our standards or yours. We do appreciate your taking the time to let us know about it. Best regards, Kari Z.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Another summer and another unforgettable trip to Holiday Acres. What a privilege to escape from the fast pace world and search for pinecones and wildlife with your kids. Our cabin was spotless and equipped with everything we could need and more. All nine of us fit very comfortably in our three bedroom and the rowboat included with our cabin was put to great use! The grounds are breathtaking and safe, letting our kids just enjoy being outdoors. Speaking of safe, the lake is the perfect depth for kiddos and NO WEEDS!!! Yippee!! The staff goes above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome and we loved doing the scavenger hunt, and the hodag hunt is an absolute must! Our kids were exhausted and full of fresh air and we will always be anxiously awaiting our next journey to the north.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Thank you so much, Lindsey34, for your five star review. Our family and the crew work hard to ensure that our guests enjoy themselves and the description of your stay put smiles on our faces. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I truly hate giving one star reviews, and I rarely do. Actually I never have. I wanted to make a reservation to stay there for a wedding. Poor process and rude old lady, Gladys, on the phone completely made me not want to even stay there. Was not quick to give information until after the process. She kept telling me to hold on and was sighing like she was doing me a favor to make me a reservation. Would not recommend based on this experience alone. I tend to only give positive ratings but I thought I would make the public aware. Bad before it even began. I have a degree in hotel and restaurant management, my family is in the business and I've been around it my whole life, and all I can say is this lady definitely needs some training or needs to retire out of the business.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdhecimovich

I'm very sorry to hear about your unhappy conversation when calling for a reservation. It's hard to know what may have been happening at the time you called, but it was likely a challenging day and that came across to you as it should not have. My sincere apologies.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I came to Holiday Acres over 50 years ago with my parents and sisters so when I saw the reviews upon a visit with my husband to Rhinelander, I was excited to return to a place I remembered fondly. I selected a "King bedroom with spa". Assuming we would have a luxurious bathroom off our bedroom. We were surprised to find that the "spa" was a jacuzzi tub IN our bedroom. And there was nothing spa-like about our outdated bathroom with cheap toilet paper, ivory-style soap and no shampoo. The carpeting in the hallways were stained and frayed. I walked through the coffee shop which was not open, but smelled stale. And I almost forgot to add that the floors are so thin that every step of the people above us or creak of their bed could be heard in our room.

The place is not unclean, the bed was comfortable enough, the dining room was adequate, and the service was friendly. But for $173 I would expect better. I should have left the Holiday Acres of my childhood as a fond memory. We left as quickly as we could, and ate breakfasr at the Dinky Diner in Rhinelander- a little gem in the rough.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nanaann0118
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear nanaann0118,
We are glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, your bed comfortable and your room to be clean. Our website does show a photo of our whirlpool room with the whirlpool in the room. The last thing that we want to do is disappoint our guests and having accurate information and photographs online is a big part of it.

Holiday Acres is not just about our buildings, but the lake, the trails and the outdoor activity on 1000 acres of woods and water. With your evening arrival and early departure, you would not have had an opportunity to experience an important part of who we are. I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. -Kari Z.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We just returned from a weeklong stay at Holiday Acres Resort, and once again, experienced all that’s good about the North Woods of Wisconsin. We discovered Holiday Acres over 10 years ago, when our son discovered Camp Deerhorn (Deerhorn is amazing, but that’s a different story altogether). We head north to visit our son, who is now a counselor at Camp Deerhorn, and take a break from our crazy busy, always connected schedules. We fell in love with Holiday Acres’ Big Pine 6-bedroom home, as we travel with an entourage that includes our family, elderly parents, and friends (and their families).

You can read reviews about the resort, and check out the accommodations online. Understand that you are in the North Woods, so if you are looking for pristine living quarters and uninterrupted cell phone / high speed internet service, you may be disappointed (Big Pine does have internet service, so does the main lodge and coffee shop). But, if you are looking for a truly remarkable North Woods experience, Holiday Acres will not disappoint.

Many reviewers rave about the Zambon family, and yes, they are wonderful people. Kim, Keri, Jamie and Pete interact with the guests in a manner that makes you feel they genuinely appreciate you staying at the resort. That hospitality extends beyond the family, to other staff members as well. For example, one night, a local talent was performing at 3 Coins restaurant bar. Dee, a bartender at the resort who had the night off, was at the bar enjoying the music. As the crowd grew, Dee, sprung to action, weaving her way through the packed bar, taking orders to make sure all the patrons were served in a timely fashion – on her night off. Wow!

I am convinced Jamie and Pete can teach anyone to waterski, and we’ve got a long list of newbies to prove it. Seriously, don’t waste your time tubing if you have the opportunity to learn to ski on Lake Thompson.

We tried something new this year, yoga! It’s not something we normally do, but we had a lot of fun giving it a try. Gabrielle and Pete do nice job leading a diverse group of guests through some simple stretches and challenging poses.

Our favorite things to do… Sitting on the pier watching the skiers. Supper club meals at 3 Coins, Al Gen and Fireside. Road biking. Trying to finish a 1000+ piece puzzle or two. Jarts games by the fire pit. Interacting with the Zambon’s, the staff, guests and locals all week. Star gazing in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you, Suzanne, for the great review. We are so happy that you enjoy your stays with us. Pleasing our guests is what we live for and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again.