“Flavorful food and nice portions”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Trattoria Di Carlo Meadowbrook
Ranked #105 of 254 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We enjoyed a fine lunch there recently. The generous grilled salmon salad was perfectly prepared and served on a fresh bed of lettuce with grilled portabella mushrooms. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his lasagna. And yes, the view overlooking the gardens and golf course is lovely. We'll be back.

1  Thank SraWagner

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Ania, Dave Romo, Caitlin, and the rest of the staff for amazing! They're martinis were fantastic and food was competitively priced, I don't know how they stay in business! We love this place, the view is great the people are fun the food is amazing and we love coming here. I would recommend this place and restaurant and drink a sandwich with anyone coming to Racine.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Quick summary: food is good not exceptional. Excellent service. Moderate prices.

I've been meaning to stop in, and we went before an event at the nearby Wustum Museum of Art. This restaurant is in the Meadowbrook Country Club.

I was thrilled to see veal marsala on the menu, and of course ordered it. It was okay, but of the breaded variety (I much prefer no breading, but a light breading is okay -- this is a little heavier than I'd like.) To the good: they used the right kind of marsala, NOT the sweet kind. It was served with a side of pasta in a good marinara sauce, and choice of soup or salad. I had the latter, which was a nice fresh mixed green salad. $18.95 for all.

My colleague had the pizza - $10 plus $1.45 for each topping. It was good, but my colleague is a self-declared pizza snob who orders pizza almost everywhere. The ingredients were good, but the pizza was a little overdone.

Since this restaurant is part of a gold club, there is a wide range of salads, sandwiches and wraps (under $10,) pizzas, mains, and small plates.

Service was very good - friendly and professional. It prompt, but this was a Wednesday dinner, i.e. not a busy time.

The room has a nice view to the courses. A few deer ambled by while we were there.

So: I'm glad I tried it, and maybe there are other dishes that would be more outstanding, but the Italian dishes we tried were only okay, not something to draw us back. Maybe the burgers or crabcakes if we return?

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This country club has awesome food. As a family we go here a lot during the summer. The pizza is always delicious. The bar staff is awesome, they will mix up just about anything. The dinning room had a lovely platter of cheese paired with honey, it was wonderful, honeycomb is better but I enjoyed it.

1  Thank Gina P
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Italian fare in Meadowbrook Country Club but open to the public. Some interesting appetizers like eggplant sticks + good crabcakes & clam chowder. Portions generous and enjoyed the food. Service was "leisurely" to be kind.

1  Thank Steveuj