“Go-To Breakfast Spot”
Review of Cliff's Boathouse Cafe - CLOSED

Cliff's Boathouse Cafe
Reviewed 21 March 2017

I'm a regular here, whether eating alone or with friends and family. They earned my trust through consistency, quality, and friendliness. A true word of mouth "hole-in-the-wall" kind of place, they offer a great breakfast at a great price. Try "Cliff's Super Special" - the inexpensive 2 eggs, sausage or bacon, toast, and potato in town. And get the potato pancakes, with apple sauce or sour cream - your call. They are the benchmark around here. Open Friday nights for the fish fry, but they close early and lines can be long during lent. The place is mostly full of regulars. There can be a wait, which for me is just fine as in warmer months I grab a coffee and pull up a chair outside and read just like all the other regulars. If all I wanted was fast, I would have eaten at home. Full cross section of society here. Country radio station is usually playing, good conversations amongst & between tables, and Mark and his staff are ready with a quip, the coffee, and service. Its a very small cozy place, you will get to know your neighbor and be richer for it.

1  Thank Kevin D

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I have heard the number 1 rated fish fry in Racine but have yet to try it. I have however had the breakfast several times and it is outstanding. This is a VERY small place so be prepared for a possible wait to be seated!!!!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Plus side: the fish fry. Minus side: so small, you have to wait (outside usually) for a table and it's best not to linger so someone else can sit. Casual place with a friendly owner.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

The first time I visited here. Right when I walked in I smelt ''fishy'' smell. The fish I ordered was VERY greasy. The place is very ''cozy'' and small but I will give them another chance. I want to return and try their ''famous'' potato Pancakes.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Best breakfast!!! They are known for their potato pancakes which are out of this world. Just like grandma use to make. Have to make it back and try their Friday night fish fry.