“Not very good”

Tempura House
Ranked #22 of 49 Restaurants in Plover
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Description: They serve Chinese and Japanese cuisine, including sushi.
Description: They serve Chinese and Japanese cuisine, including sushi.
Reviewed 3 February 2017

I am not into sushi so I can't comment on that. On a Thursday night--I had looked at their menu ahead of time. When I got there I was told the dinner for two, etc from the internet menu was no longer offered. I asked the waitress about the different styles of Japanese and got no explanation other than "noodles" or "rice". The place smelled of grease so bad I had to wash my coat when I got home. The entrees were not very good. In fact they were so bad we couldn't eat them. Sesame chicken was SO greasy and the sauces were overly spiced or sweetened and really greasy. My entree was supposed to include stir fry mixed veggies and only had some strips of cabbage. Scallops and shrimp very fishy.The price was not worth it.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Food is good buffet style, clean restaurant
Nice diversity in the food offering. Great choices. Love the inside and the location. Would go back here again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Went Friday night and had the buffet. It cost $16.50 each. $14.00 for the buffet and $2.50 for soda. My wife and son liked the sushi. There were, maybe, two or three other dishes which were all right but not fantastic. The amount we paid for the meal didn't come close to the quality. We were very disappointed to say the least. The variety was scarce and cold. The amount we paid was way too much for what we got. I would of done a lot better if I went to Culvers which was right down the street for a lot less. We won't be back. Lesson learned.

Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

I travel all over the state and found this place and glad I stopped. Food is great and have a couple different kinds of sushi rolls on the buffet. Will stop every time I'm in plover.

2  Thank dynomite19
Reviewed 10 February 2015

The food here is not home made. Most of the appetizers are frozen and provided through some sort of food service dealer. I was disappointed with the lack of flare from the food. I was truly impressed with the interior of the new restaurant. It truly makes an impact. Unfortunately the food wasn't anything like the place. Blah-

Been to Tempura House? Share your experiences!